Bounty Weekend - Ice Orca

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/bounty-weekend-ice-orca/

New Bounty Troop: Ice Orca The Ice Orca from Glacial Peaks, is this weekend’s Bounty Captain. The Ice Orca will be available in the Bounty Shop, and will appear in Gold, Glory and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

3 Likes

That’s a whale of a card lol well illustrated

LOVE the art on this card! :heart_eyes:

In case it helps anyone, here’s the team I use for bounties: Black Manacles, Crysturtle, Plainsjumper, [captain]. Use whatever class you’re levelling [1129,6824,6676,7050,3046] On the level 20 fight this bounty, I’m averaging 56 seconds per fight.

Curious what other teams people use. Also, I like to time teams so if anyone has a faster one that also uses hero… gimme gimme :pray:

3 Likes

I love your positive attitude, and totally agree with you. Great artwork and thanks for the team.

3 Likes

I was just telling @Eika how my bounty feels extremely slow, then I saw your time and had something to compare it to and, well, about 2:30 average… Not telling you my team :flushed:

3 Likes

Was the defense last bounty event also Suncrest troops?

I am intrigued to know if there is even a pattern. But I am fine with a subpar defense that cannot debuff our troops. Particularly that instant killer Bladewing could have been a PitA in room 20, which wasn’t to be. Phew. The only irritating troop was Harpy Eagle with its reordering of our troops but I play with Ogress now with 3xSeasons. So that is never a problem.

Has anyone gotten the devour to proc? I’m at upwards of 30 attempts via Ice Wraith first, and zero devours. That comes to just a little over 0.1% probability. Could be bad luck, so I’m checking if there’s a single report of devour working.

Welcome to the forum! I had it happen about 10 times in my runs for all prize tiers, but I didn’t use any separate freeze troop, so it’s there! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yes, I had it devour a couple times.

How many battles does using a hero cost you as opposed to the 30x point bonus with full bounty team?

Max bonus with hero is 24x, instead of 30x with full bounty/captain team. So you’ll only be getting points at 24/30 = 80% rate.

2 Likes

Wow. Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I’m currently sitting at > 0.1% probability for zero devours. Sigh. At least it’s not a bug. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I buy five tiers. This cuts it close especially if a raven runs away. Sometimes for the last couple battles on Sunday Ill switch to a full bounty team.

I used to always use a full bounty team, but it’s so slow and I still have a bunch of classes to level.

3 Likes

I wonder if there’s some great strategy to it, like using a full bounty team up until the last bounty or something.

Using full team keeps you high on the LB…thats it. If you don’t care about LB then do what you need to get your rewards

2 Likes

What we really need is a community guide of all combinations that confirmed can result in all rewards collected. For example: Tier 4 + 2 minor blue orbs + full bounty team all battles (x30) = all rewards.

1 Like

Screenshot from the library on discord. GoW Info Library

Basically, four tiers needed minimum to complete the event, but five tiers if you want to use your hero.

A full team lets you save gems too by not needing as many tiers.

1 Like

I bought to Tier 5, then used a minor blue to make the Ice Orca mythic. I fought all battles without letting any Valravens escape and ended up finishing the level 20 reward with exactly one sigil left.

Your mileage may vary, but I wouldn’t have been able to get all rewards today by subbing in a Hero.

The event ends Sunday. You didnt have to mythic the captain or avoid your hero if you didn’t mind waiting.

4 Likes