Boring campaign battles

There is one slightly weird aspect of the Campaign battles. They trying to give you a choice and divercity between battles, but simultaneously they are stripping all incentives to do such diverse battles. See, how it works:

  1. The “better quality” battles are better than “lower quality” ones, so you choose maximum rarity initially.
  2. After finishing any battle, it replaces with another, random one. So:

2.1. The new battle is of the same rarity, and better than any other on the field. So I choose it again.

2.2. The new battle is worse rarity than some other battle, so I choose another one.

  1. Go to 1.

In result, after some random iterations, any play field reduced to that:

And that’s the end of it. Now, it’s logical to select only one location - which is better than blue 10-level ones, by default. Up to the end of the event I will not select anything, I simply play random battles in sequence. Boring.

I think, it’s possible to make it funnier by adding some more mechanics, and one of it is in game already (not for this event, unfortunately): after some amount of battles, max rarity enemy appears, and map cleared and filled with random enemies on the next turn. But it’s too little. Can you add more incentive mechanics, please? I can imagine several for example:

  • Chaos enemy. Clears the board and fills it with random enemies on kill.
  • Combo enemies. Combo bonus rises each time when you killed the same enemies in row, but resets if you fight the different enemy.
  • Chain enemies 1. Killing specific enemy will rise the reward of some other enemy, and after some amount of battles resets and clears the board.
  • Chain enemies 2. Battles aren’t regenerated, but all remaining enemies got boost to their rewards with each win. The last win clears the board and fill it with random enemies again.
  • Mutators: killing any enemy forces all enemies of the same type to be replaced with some other enemies.
  • Random. EACH turn playfield clears. (This case needs that frequency of enemies will correspondent with rarity though, otherwise it will force to kill the same max rarity enemies again and again).

I am sure, it’s possible to add much more mechanics, if I found four in fifteen minutes, so I am sure, developers simply didn’t think of it, so didn’t make needed changes. It would be good if they will do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This has mostly always been the case. Yeah, we’ve had some events where (for example) every Nth battle you have a fixed legendary and/or mythic, then the entire board is reshuffled, but those are a rarity.

1 Like

We had a world event a while back where after every 15 battles or something, the map reset, even without fighting a legendary enemy. I wondered if they changed the settings and removed the planned legendary or something. But it shows, they CAN implement a system where every nth battle resets the map.