Boosters need to be improved

There are currently three kinds of booster in the game: XP, souls and gold. The boosters last 15 minutes, even though we know the game considers this to be three units of 5 minutes, for some reason.

I don’t know if they plan to add more, but either way, there is a big issue with the boosters we have, in that they don’t allow players freedom in how to use them.

Right now, the XP boosters are given out by completing the daily challenges, and if you don’t claim them on the day, they get sent to your messages tab in the mail, and that’s a good system that works well. Unfortunately, the other boosters are handled differently. They are given by the PvP goals menu and that’s where most of the problems lie.
Firstly, since goals only has a “claim all” button, you can’t easily claim just one booster - if you have unlocked multiple booster prizes, you can only claim them all or not claim them - which is annoying because you may end up having to claim a longer boost than you want or claim both the souls and gold together even if you’d rather use them separately (if you’re farming either, you’ll likely use a dedicated team which won’t maximise farming both).
Secondly, you can’t just not claim them, wait a day, and get them in your mail. I haven’t tried not claiming the goals rewards for a week to see if they all get sent to your mail, because I doubt you’d be sent the 1000 VP bonus for the final goal reward and I don’t want to lose that. (If anyone has tried this, please let me know what happened, as it would be interesting.) So, you have no other option than to claim them through the “claim all” button. Also, even if the rewards were sent out as a mail, it’s likely they’d all be sent as one, which results in the exact same problem.

As I see it, the two solutions that would help are either:
A) to improve the PvP goals menu, so that we can claim rewards individually, which would be a big benefit to most players, and then we could claim the rewards we choose and any not claimed at the end of the week can be sent via mail and claimed within 7 days or something.
or
B) to change the way boosters are used. Replace the immediate consumption on claiming them with a system whereby we get a token, much like the verses we use use to craft gnome-a-palooza. We claim the daily challenge reward for 3 XP boost tokens, and the PvP goals rewards for 3 gold or soul boost tokens at a time. Then, when we wish to use them, we just head to the soulforge and craft a 5 minute boost with one token (or as many multiples of it as we choose), or if the devs prefer, we craft a 15 minutes boost by combining three tokens the same (or as many multiples of it as we choose).
This would allow players to store boosts we want to use somewhere other than the mail screen (which is annoying when we have other mail we want to claim, like during vault weekends when we’re sent the keys). And more importantly, it would allow players more freedom in how to use their boosts, so they can claim them all together or one at a time if they want.

Obviously I’d prefer option B, but that’d be a little more work, maybe. Either option would be better than the current system, we just need something improved.

8 Likes

The rewards ARE sent to you as a mail with a 1 week expiration date, but they are in Rewards, not Messages, so it is easy to accidentally claim them as well. I’m fairly sure i remember getting the 1000 VP from it as well, but its been a few weeks so i cant be sure. It would be great if they made it so players could claim each individual goal as well as claim all at once, and if the mail went to messages with one reward each.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. Didn’t want to take a risk, but figured there might be someone who had forgot to claim or hadn’t had time to claim, and it’s good to know for anyone who doesn’t want to claim rewards and waste a boost.
I’d still prefer them to make it easier to claim boosts and other rewards separately, so hopefully that gets done at some point.

its actually pretty great to be able to NOT claim them the week before a vault event, and have a total of 2 hours gold booster while grinding explore on a vault weekend. But yes, being able to claim at least each 15 minutes separately would be a great improvement.

3 Likes