Bone Dragon "Agile" more than 15 times

It might actually be around 30%, it just seems to attract weird streaks. Often there’s either no dodging at all or a crazy lot of it. Somewhat like a 30% chance to make you want to smash your keyboard and a 70% chance to make you wonder if the skill has been deactivated.

We have a) 70% hit and b) 30% miss
If A happens there won’t be another chance for B to proc so chance for B are even lower with each match.
But we are all witnesses of that not being the case. As far as I counted 3 out of 5 matches usual miss which is a lot higher then 30%.

Which, interestingly, is 100-30, which makes you wonder if they did their math backwards in the coding?

Personaly i dont like (close to hate) the agile trait. There ist enough RNG in the game by itself (The Gem-Board). The stoneskin and armored trait (50%/25% reduced skull damage) are very strong too, but u can calculate the outcome.

Same here, I’d rather prefer it to behave more like the Stealthy trait. Suppose Agile were changed to always pass on the skull match damage to the next unit in queue, unless there is no next one left, in which case damage would get applied directly. Would the trait feel better that way? It would make Agile units a lot more sticky, without spells you could only kill them back to front, which is pretty powerful for units like the Centaur. It would also replace that quite annoying coin toss for all or nothing with a predictable outcome. I guess I would prefer it that way, also leaves room for more interesting team builds (e.g. Agile into Armored).

Edit: Too much Stealthy, too little Agile. Got to get the names right.

1 Like

I just battled with the team with Lady Sapphire with a Agile that dodged 7 times continue skull attacks from Skeleton. Definitely more than 30%.

We ran a test here last Thursday and logged the results.
200 Agile hits with 63 Dodges, so that was close enough to 30%, given our sample size. It LOOKS like it’s behaving correctly from our side. I’ve also triple checked the game code and there’s nothing suspicious in there that I can see.

I don’t think anything is wrong with agile. It’s streaky just like any rng.

There is a strange behavior when Skelton attacked 7 times, that didn’t do anything to Lady Sapphire, then next troop killed her with a single skull attack as A1 had shut off entire skeleton attack all together which I thought it was bug.

I’m guessing that the RNG is also playing games with me. When I farmed the “Orc This Way” challenge from Grosh-Nak the Orcs almost never dodged any skull attacks coming from me. But when I go to PVP it’s the exact opposite. I can be glad to even hit once with skulls.

Sometimes I can go into Batman mode and dodge everything.
Or other days I can literally dodge nothing 3 games in a row.
It’s really just luck imo.

1 Like

Agile in my experience has behaved with diminishing returns…the first three are basically guaranteed to be negated and its 30% or so after that

…me too !

Keep in mind he was saying it in jest. It was mild humour for him, as if to say “You might as well pray because until we get a fix for this, it will happen again.”

Having said that, we all hope you continue to enjoy playing the game :smiley:

This is my sense of it as well.
Sometimes my serpent dodges twice or three times in the same game, and other times, he just dies to a thousand cuts.

@Sirrian , any chances you might consider making it less luck based?

Like this : beginning of battle chances to dodge : 30%
→ if it’s dodged, chances to dodge are lowered by 10% (minimum 5%)
→ if it lands, chances to dodge are highered by 10% (maximum 95%)

It probably needs some tweaks to really makes it do 30% chances on average, but it would feel less luck based, more reliable.

i pray to @Sirrian before playing a game of gems of war

Here’s a bug with proof.

I hit this guy MANY times, twice with Shegrra and the lucky skulls matches came up almost every turn, NONE hit him for damage. Then my Goblin spell lit up and he took no damage from the spell! After hitting him with more skulls my spell lit up again and I took a video of it.

p.s. How long should I play this out until he grinds me down or I resign? Do you folks think the bug will stay the whole battle?

Glitched out

edit: How many times do you think this bug happened in a tight game with people who thought just after they lost, “Man, that guy got lucky” and didn’t realize it was a bug and they never stood a chance?

2 Likes

I could be wrong on this issue. But looks like when the opponent lined up the last troop with the Agile, some how its seemed locked. And once this happen, the last troop can not kill by th skull drops.
Any thought on this?

It cannot be killed by anything, skull drops or spells. And it does appear to be a last slot thing, I hope they fix this bug. Someday.