Bloom of Rose

Originally published at: Bloom of Rose – Gems of War

New Epic Troop: Belladonnus Belladonnus will be available again this week for 400 Glory in the shop. World Event: Rubies Are Red, Violets Are Blue There are 6 battles that players can encounter during the event: The Foxfire King, The Wendigo, Swamplash, Beastmaster Torbern, Obregonia, and King Bloodwood. This event has 3 Phases: Phase 1…

2 Likes

Sigh. Until now, all World Events so far this year have at least followed rarity order (Mythic > Legend > Legend > Epic > Epic > Ultra-Rare).

Why are we now seeing this mishmash of confusing scoring once again?!?

12 Likes

For everyone’s reference:

gow_world_event_20240506

42 Likes

Please, please do not misinterpret this feedback. I’m not trying to attack anyone and I’m speaking from my heart here.

The scoring breakdown is a headache this week. It feels like I always need a visual graphic or clarification from my guild to understand battle priorities. Given the amount of world events we’ve had, the scoring breakdown should now be easier to understand than this. They aren’t new anymore so making things this convoluted is unnecessary.

To holywood’s credit, I appreciate the reference image.

16 Likes

Thanks - I’m really hoping the map icon will be different for the lowest two, which would at least help to differentiate them from the others.

7 Likes

Why does it say again? This troop is new and not a repeat.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t really mind how complicated it was, if it was visible in game, rather than having to reply on outside sources like the forum for info. But if you’re forcing players to stop playing your game and spend time looking elsewhere for how to play it, you can at least make the info simple, if only to limit the time spent away from playing.

5 Likes

Scoring reqs for Rubies Are Red event, total points/30:

12th reward tier: 2,033.

16th reward tier: 2,500.

6 Likes

Suppose I was hoping too much that you’d substitute the Florian from the player’s trial team for something that wasn’t completely useless.

7 Likes

To be fair, Swamplash is the only inconsistent one in the group. We’ve certainly had prior events featuring Legendary (or better) teams almost exclusively.

Hot take: What’s so fundamentally wrong with giving players something to experiment and optimize on their own? We’re (hopefully) not dealing with an Inari situation here.

With free sigils and no consequences for getting it wrong? Nothing.
With limited sigils that require buying more? Experimenting costs you sigils, or costs you your rewards. That’s the problem.

And the info is being given to players, it’s just not in the game. You have to go to a separate location (this forum) to find it. If they wanted it to be like tower of doom, where a player is supposed to scout and inform others, in this case one or more players would experiment and find out how scoring works, then they wouldn’t give the info at all, right? If they’re giving the info, why not put it in the game. They can add a pop-up when a new mythic gets added or campaign starts (they’re kinda bugged, but it usually works at some point) and they can put the lore text in the event menu (sometimes with spelling issues or mistakes, but it’s there), so it doesn’t seem unreasonable to ask that they include some info on scoring, somewhere. Just something that makes it clearer. If you want to breeze past and experiment, that’s up to you, but if you want to look and work it out (without having to go elsewhere), that’s your choice. The info they provide is often over-complicated anyway, like having an event where every battle give reward Y and it’s worth 4 points, instead of giving four times as much reward Y and it be worth 1 point, to make it easier to work stuff out. That can still do that, so players have to work it out, but just put the info directly in the game, instead of elsewhere.

15 Likes

And these outside sources are only available to the English players, Ignoring the French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, and Chinese players. In a multilingual guild this puts the non-English players at a major disadvantage, since the troops can have completely different names in other languages.

10 Likes

So I have played all my available sigils after buying Tier 3. I have not encountered a single King Bloodwood. I asked my guild and others said they have fought him several times. Has anyone else had any issues as it is Wednesday and i would think I would have gotten that battle at least once?

Bloodwood battles are super rare, despite what this claims:

Just bought tier VII/20 sigils and used them all. 6 Bloodwood battles.

1 Like

I purchased Tier 4 and I’ve yet to miss a Valraven. I didn’t find my first Bloodwood until today, and I may or may not have fought a second one. (I don’t remember; I’ve had other things on my mind this week.)

1 Like

Sounds like i need to do more battles to unlock him then

if you mean 6 King Bloodwood in 20 battles, that’s approximately 1 in 3 battles (less when counting extra battles from Valraven drops).

There are 5 choices of battles that appear,

I read “an equal chance of appearing” to be from all of these 5 each time. I know the devs/some people see this differently though :man_shrugging:

Nah, it is different, objectively. In most World Events, each battle that appears on he map will remain there indefinitely until/unless actually fought, at which point it will roll a new battle to replace it. That’s where the “equal chance to appear” comes in – five times for the ones that appeared on the map initially, and once after each battle won.

1 Like

Ffs this scoring really needs to be in game.

2 Likes