Blood & Bones

Some of us have 0 pet orbs. I used the minor orbs for older pets and only got 1 major pet orb ever …

Miserable epic trial programmed by a sadist.

4 Likes

There’s still a whole week to go, maybe you can push through Underspire or your guild finishes invasion reward 15.
I know, that does not make things significantly better, and players on lower levels won’t have those options, but you are not out of chances at least.
One more reason for me to feel myself reinforced in my hoarding tendencies “just in case”. Being able to orbgrade in desperate moments is sure worth holding those things back.

1 Like

I won’t spend anything on Underspire anymore. Only did that the 1st week ever. Not worth it even though I like the game mode.

And usually we finish all tiers in every event. But we lost 6 people this week and only found 2 new players, while 1 might leave soon, since he didn’t even play at all last week.

So overall we’re a few players short and the rest has spent much more resources to make up for that already. We’ll see what the future holds …

I mean, it awards a pet orb for completion, or 2 with the free lantern, and you need a pet orb. That sounds worth it. It also means you don’t need to spend 1000 gems buying the epic trial pet. You could consider doing it once a month instead of weekly.

1 Like

I had to spend 1000+ gems and buy a lantern pack each day just to finish it last time. Not worth it for me, with dead ends all around. :thinking:

But I might consider it after every starry pet is done. If they don’t add something like glowy pets, shadow pets or rainbow pets then. :face_in_clouds:

3 Likes

very good ideas
After all, we will need to spend precious gems somewhere when we run out of starry pets

Starry pets are pretty awesome for kingdoms like Silverglade. Just sayin’.

2 Likes

But you can save 600 gems on starry pets if you finish underspire and get the minion orb. Even if you spend 1k gems (which you don’t always have to if you follow the “rules” and get a bit lucky), it’s only 400 more but you’ll get a lot of rewards, including glory orbs, imperial deeds, and writs.

Not sure what you did to have to buy lantern packs but I’ve gone as low as 550 gems on a very lucky run.

4 Likes

I encountered more than 1 dead end being away 20+ steps from everything else.

But this Epic Trials are so awful that I might consider stopping to even try them after the 1st battle. That would give me an additional 800 gems for US each week …

1 Like

The ideal situation is complete all 5 epic trials fights, buying 2 of the offers, and spending ~650-750 in underspire for the minion orb, doubling it if you so choose. Overall cost is slightly more than buying all starry pet offers, but you get way more goodies from the underspire. If you were 20 steps away from anything in the underspire, then it must have been not following the community guide. A lucky week costs ~550 gems, while an unlucky week is close to 1000. I only go for the complete in underspire when there is a team that i feel is fast/safe enough to do so.

2 Likes

Which ones did you consider slow and/or not safe to do?

i just look at the troops available to me and if theres not a good loop, i just do boss 2 that week. This week is close, but im choosing not to finish mostly to just save the gems. If the later fights are gonna end up taking well over a minute each, i tend to take the week off as well. If you double the minion orb every time you DO finish the underspire, you can take weeks off pretty often. When i complete it, i also buy a lantern pack to double bosses 2, 4, 6, and 7.

1 Like

Troop strength isn’t a problem for me (except this epic trials). But even if I had enough gems to completely finish US, I’d still need 5 or 6 extra pet orbs each week anyway. So I don’t bother wasting my gems or time there. Epic trials usually don’t take much longer than 5 minutes altogether. So I can start farming explore 9-12 since I need medals too.

2 Likes

Seconding this. Personally I’ve never bought a Starry Pet gem offer. I don’t need to max them all right now as I’m not pet-blocked on most kingdoms’ power levels. If I do need to max them, I use 2 orbs (or 3 if I don’t feel like completing all Epic Trial battles) from Underspire.

Underspire is absolutely pricey, as it was designed to be. However, as @sylverscale mentioned, it’s not 1000 gems if you play your cards right. I average about 600-700. Additionally, I feel Underspire, at least for end-gamers, is exactly where you should be spending gems. It offers the most bang for your buck with pet/glory orbs, epic vault keys, imperial deeds, etc.

4 Likes

Has anyone been able to find Draakulis in event chests this week? I’ve seen two players spend a crazy amount of event keys trying to pull him, they both got multiple copies of the other Ghulvania mythics, no Draakulis.

2 Likes

I see people pulling Draakulis in global chat on X1. I have no reason to open keys though

1 Like

Nothing is ever farther away than 7 steps. The graphic has been posted on the forums somewhere. They also meant to fix it but since the fix can be a “junction” that is just a straight path we need take care ourselves not to venture too far.

What do you need 5 to 6 extra orbs for? And if you need that many for whatever reason, why leave the 1 (or 2 if doubled) that you can get?

If you need to medal your troops and and do explore instead of a few Underspire battles each day, you’re wasting time, actually. I would personally double on the 6th dragon, giving you two major glory orbs. If you use those on mythics, each is worth 3 Nysha medals. So that would be 6 medals of Nysha worth there, plus a silver and a bronze glory orb, epic vault key, chaos orbs, tminion orb, dragonite, writs, and imperial deed.

It’s your call, of course, but if you spend 1k gems on starry pets instead of about 1200 on underspire and starry pet, you’re missing out.

3 Likes

I think youre placing too much importance on Underspire. Does kingdom power even require Mythics to be medaled anywhere?

1 Like