Best 3 Trait Matches?

I’ve been curious since seeing how strong trueshot and skulls are if the devs would ever create a stoneskin + evade troop. Since many legends lack trait synergy, I figured I make a list of viable strong to excessively strong combinations. I’m in hopes that some legends get fairly bad casts in the future, but instead get all high tier trait synergy.

Armored
Evade
Stoneskin

Stealth
Evade
Stoneskin

Aflame
Pyromania
Stoneskin

Evade
Immunity
Stoneskin

Big
Regeneration
Huge

Stoneskin
Huge
Arcane

(1st color) Link
(2nd color) Link
Arcane

(1st color) Spirit
(2nd color) Spirit
Arcane

Stealth
Arcane
Empowered

(1st color) Spirit
(2nd color) Spirit
Empowered

Evade
Stoneskin
Trueshot

Greedy
Merchant
Necromancy

Stealth
Evade
Arcane

There are plenty more, as well as good lower tier ones that haven’t been mentioned. I just really want better trait synergy on troops with weaker casts.

2 Likes

Can something be Big and Huge? Like REALLY huge…? Hydra…

Large 2 character cards could have it. None in this game currently fit well with it aside from Hydra, but there is currently Boar Rider, Drake Rider, Griffon Knight, and possibly Ettin who all are 2+ entities. There are plenty of cards in other games that have 2 characters as a single entity, and GoW is likely to get more like it eventually.

As far as mechanically it would trigger in trait order, so big then huge; regardless, it should be able to work with current mechanics to give +3. The only thing I think wouldn’t work that I mentioned above is Armored + Stoneskin. Evade +Stoneskin would work for they activate separately, like how big and huge does, but armored + stoneskin would both occur at once.

Really now? With the caps so low, Greedy and Marchant are just wastes of traitstones. Same goes for Necromancy as long as Valkyrie is around, but if Valkyrie isn’t around, that means you’re definitely not in for the souls, and thus don’t need Necromancy…

I posted it mostly as a farming build. It would be a decent troop if something between that of Tyri and Valkyrie was added to the game. We also don’t know if the devs will ever expand the gold cap to represent the current output of gold in the game. The 1 soul per kill and very low gold cap per game is very outdated. You also have to keep in mind that extra stats and buffs mean nothing if a player completely dominates a win, whereas that extra gold will still apply. 10 to 300ish extra gold by the end of a match is still better than a massive troop in last slot that goes basically unused for the win.

The soul cap is also outdated, when to max all the troops requires over 900k souls.

1 Like