Beep Beep (Weekly Event Post)

Well that’s just stupid. Intentional? Probably.

Same, I was like “YA DID IT WRONG” when I saw the thread lol.

1 Like

I don’t think the Backup change is getting enough fanfare. This was long overdue, and even though I’m suspicious 35% will still trend a bit high I’m glad to see we’ve moved from “no comment” to “experimental fixes”.

Maybe 50% is just broken in this RNG and everything with 50% probability should be revisited? (Personally I don’t like probability at all as part of abilities.)

2 Likes

Yep it is silly, it should be 35% a (single) Bandit pops on an ally death during opponents turn (ie sacrifice also does not give a bandit, which then lets proper sacrifice troops that have their own mechanics behave properly, i.e. place a summoned troop on the team) Similarly Lust should not multiply the charm by volume of Lust. Charm one enemy per team on a death/turn. We can then lose 50% of the passive griefing in PVP.

Bandits now are fine imo, didnt seen more than 4 in a match, lol, bard golems spawn more with their 20% chance.

Lusts teams is another whole matter, but after all you can find ALL lamest stuff of the game on those teams, jar that got np cast/summon more than once a turn, Wisp, a so broken troop that required a patch only for himself (and the removing of mana surges on 4 maatches lol) and yes multiple lusts that stack.

And still am killing them more than am losing with a spamteam i am using for anything is on 3 trophy (leprechy, bronzelock, weaver and cedric).

1 Like

Bandits? I mean, I celebrated it, but I didn’t actually notice a difference when I vsed the bloody things either.

I came here to praise the devs on this weeks Invasion troops. Absolutely zero flaws. An amazing counter to towers. The RNG of it’s cast can only possibly help it… Can never hurt it.
Unfortunately, it’s bittersweet. Cause as much I like this troop. I can’t help but think why can’t all the Invasion and Raid troops be of a similar balance that makes sense?
Why shouldn’t every Raids or Invasions troop be OP for that event? It is impossible to make these Troops actually useable outside of the events. So if we’re going to spend the gems to get them to Mythic, then let us have a blast with them for 7 days. And allow those chasing for #1 on the leaderboards to make the grind more enjoyable.
@Cyrup or @Nimhain, please more troops like this weeks Invasion troop. Less troops that hurt the players like the last Raids troop. I don’t even want to look to see it’s name. That’s how badly I want to forget about the worst Raids troop ever. Thank you in advance.

5 Likes

Yeah I want to praise Sharptooth too.

I know these events are meant to be a challenge, but dragging a cheese grater across your face for 40 or 50 sigils gets old. It’s nice to see that, every now and then, an event troop will slip through that makes us feel like we’re gods of the battlefield again.

Sharptooth does “a good thing” with a 30% chance of doing 1 of 2 other good things. Its trait makes it an absolute monster when skull damage is happening. It’s well worth the gems to trait and ascend this thing and I’m really happy with it, I might end up spending more gems than I want on the last tiers next time I have a beer.

Mm, yeah I spent more Gems than usual on Invasion, this week :slightly_smiling_face:.

I think it has 30% chance for each? I.e., two separate 30% chances, meaning it can both gain back all of its Mana and grant an extra turn. Or did you mean “1 or 2 other good things”? :stuck_out_tongue:

This.

I’m actually so used to the troop doing either/or I forgot this one was so good it can do both.

Gotta take it back, only the very first day seen fewer bandits, since then seem “back to normal”.

Said that, like defo more bandits spawning when fighting lusts than beholders, ops, meant eyes, at least bandits allow you to target the hero if you arent using a damage all stuff.

Siegebreakers with enrage are monsters! Well, this one actually is a monster, but that’s not the main point. First time ever I did tier VI with no losses - by keeping enrage active and taking care not to get skulled while sniping towers one by one.

Bandit situation…I’ve still experienced streaks of four bandits, but the picture seems to be much better now. How can I tell? Because I’ve seen Sisters of Shadows and Heronaths summoned which certainly wasn’t the case before.

Also, would it be possible that, while tweaking Bandits, you have accidentially done something to board drop settings? This week I’ve had harder time finding extra turns for converter based teams and I know some other players have noticed it, too…maybe it’s just a bad streak that will end soon and everything will go back to normal.

5 Likes

Also gotta say that Sharptooth is the best Invasion troop in a very long time! I continued to play my Sigils after my Guild got the last stage because it was actually…fun for a change.

3 Likes