Base VP in PvP based on Team Score rather than Player Level

Given the huge disadvantage to high level players from the current basic VP system in PvP, wouldn’t it be more fair for it to be calculated based on the respective Team Scores?

Stats are the real determining factor for the speed of a fight (aside from the availability of troops) and Team Scores reflects it much better than Player Level alone: I’m a 1500+ and I have practically the same stats as a 2000+

2 Likes

You’d have to base it on only the enemy team score, as the player score is undetermined until the fight starts (and if the score of the previous fight is taken as referrence, it could be abused like crazy).

This, on the other hand, would make weekly goals quite tricky for new players (who may be the only ones to profit from stuff like soul bonus), as they would get hardly anything but the minimum score from their given enemies.

It would be a significant improvement to what we have now, but I feel like there should be even better ways.

2 Likes

It’s been said many times but it’s still not good enough IMO, for the reasons Jerry states and others.

I do know it’d be nice to have the traditional low, med, high options with corresponding rewards, instead of what I’m seeing now, which looks like this for me:

On my main (5 month old account, just under lv1300), I get a huge amount of opponents with teams that are very high strength vs what I can manage with my best. It’s not uncommon to see just under 20k for all three “options” when the best I can make is just over 14k but more normally mid-13k. They vary in VP rewards because they’re going off the far less meaningful player level stat, but in terms of team strength they’re all really high. In Central Spire (the only region that’s working as intended) they’re always really tough, take time to complete and constantly risk losing. All 3 “options”. yay!, loads of VP up for grabs, boo! takes far too long. Some people shrug off the disadvantages some players have vs higher as “just an extra cast or 5 more seconds” but that’s not what I’m seeing.

On my alt that’s in the 600s all I see is 30-40VP offers, sorta similar to what very high level players get offered in terms of reward. All I can see is players with low level accounts and dumb teams even in Central Spire. That might be due to my league and the game offering up old zombie accounts, I dunno, but it’s not far off being as terrible as high levels are getting. The fights are boringly trivial, and outside Central Spire, pure tedium for trivial rewards.

It’s not just the very highest level players that are suffering, I think you can pretty much make a case for it being some kind of awful for every player currently in one way or another.

Yep. Your team might offer me about 65VP and the other would offer 90VP, and both would be just as strong as each other and take me just as long to navigate.

3 Likes