Bans only for cheaters!

you were asking how we did now that we were cheking while gw. A couple of month ago, (before renewed gw system when each guild doesn’t know its opponents) both Russian guilds played the last gw day against each other. One of English-speaking guilds wrote a report both of us, telling devs that we will put easy defs or something with the purpose of both getting much points. That day was really hard playing for both guilds: each gw battles took over 2min to start. Starting point was rolling and rolling intro circle before each gw battle
Btw, noone was banned after that case. Thats why we are sure in our players.
A couple of days lately, we get to know, that there was a report from English-speakers. And we just counted one to one. That time Tyrant and Asha both played the last day against each other and rumors said were also reported as well (both Asian guilds conquer with each other and “theoretically can” put easy defs to each other. Bullshit)
Finally, we think the right decision was to hide the opponents before gw day starts. Because we dont’t accept cheating among our players. We caution them from any kinds of cheating when recruit players in both our TOP guilds.
I understand, that people are still people and they can hide the truth, but when it comes to mass bans it scares.

4 Likes

Just for the sake of clarity, what is considered bannable modification?

Are purely cosmetic modifications bannable, or do they have to impact gameplay to get in the red zone? As I know for a fact that most game clients can be modified cosmetically (like increasing font sizes, increasing icon clarity, colour palette swaps, etc), with 0 impact on the gameplay itself.

Not saying I do or want to do such stuff, but let’s assume I’d have a creativity attack and would want to change all troop icons in pink anarchy symbols or paint Tassarions beard red or replace Skeleton key icon with a glittering $ or such stuff in my client, would that be in the red zone?

The devs aren’t going to start debating specific details about this - if they do, it opens the door to a never-ending debate of successively more ridiculous “but what about THIS?” arguments.

So: if you screw around with the game, it might get you banned. Period. The end.

Yes, this means that changing the skeleton key icon to a sparkly $ might get you a permabanned account. If you still do it and you lose your account, you have no one to blame but yourself.

4 Likes

Sounds to me like you’re potentially hanging with a bad crowd if you know that many people who have been banned. Might want to find a better group of friends.

Also might consider that what they did wrong might have been as simple as a program that automatically logs them in to collect tributes every hour. Seems harmless, but is it really?

1 Like

I think what my man is trying to say is of someone get banned. Devs and mods don’t need to give all the details. They can say you are banned for script, code modification, being salty ect this doesn’t give these cheaters a different way or a loophole to do it again. (Devs and mods are not gods and they make mistakes too so is their code/algorithm. Bugs in game is an example) I like giving the benefit of doubt to this dude and anyone unless I have full proof

Thank you, devs, for banning these cheaters. Please do not relent. Cheaters will always say they were not cheating because they are liars by definition. You are making the game better by releasing these ban waves and I look forward to each one with great anticipation.

6 Likes

I left a guild following bancopalypse because 2 exploited the mail bug and cashed in, whilst a 3rd exploited it but didn’t cash in and was thus spared. One of the ‘spenders’ has subsequently been reinstated. What’s all that about?

1 Like

M not sure why I am getting involved in this thread we on consoles don’t suffer from such poo players :thinking:

I am on console… Xbox one lol. Lucky you if PS4 have higher moral compass.

They are not all my friends, but people from other guilds. Of course I was searching for how many people were banned before writing about it on forum.

What the reason for cheater to tell that he was not cheating? :laughing: Much easier to start a new account with cheats, don’t you think so?

You just said one reason.
They lie and say they were innocent so that when they create a new account you’ll let them back into your guild.
Now tell me a reason why they would tell the truth? Keeping in mind their ethics seem to be non-existent considering they were cheating in a video game.

1 Like

If I had a possibility to cheat, there will be no reason for me to try to explain that I am not cheater. For what? It’s interesting only for normal players. For cheater there will not be a problem to make extra money or extra exp. for new hero. And as I told not all people were from my guild. After some time every guild will lose players, if it will go on.

No reason? Cheaters let down guildmates, friends, maybe even friends in real life. Of course, they will not admit that they cheated, it will be a shame for them. They will say everyone in Discord that they didn’t anything wrong because the answer will be “We feel sorry for you. Devs hate us and banned you for no reason.” and not something like “Get out of our guild and Discord, cheater.”

I agree.

Do you know the saying: Once a cheater, always a cheater?
Cheaters should not be able to restart the game. They’ll do the same thing all over again.

Cheaters will always lie, manipulate, distort and twist the truth to their liking.

It’s the same way with politicians.
Their only defense if they get caught, is a lie.

I don’t even wait to hear them out. If they get banned from the game then they get banned from my discord.

3 Likes

Inaccurate. We had a cheater and not one of us sympathized. We were angry with them for their lies and deceits and removed them so they would not poison the minds and hearts of good happy people with their poisonous disgusting lies. If you are in a Discord that sympathizes with cheaters, you should leave it immediately. Don’t hang around with people of low character, or people will start to think you are of low character.

1 Like

I agree. I was in a guild where 3 exploited the mail bug on a colossal level. 2 spent some or all of their ill gotten gains and were banned. The 3rd accrued 40K gems, didn’t spend (probably exhausted and fell asleep at his console) and received no disciplinary action. Lies followed, as did the “oh poor you” comments from some within the guild. There was no attempt to recruit because the GM was saving the 2 slots pending their appeals.

I left the guild. One of those banned has since been reinstated; unbelievable.

1 Like

So, you can cheat, and then wait for a few days or weeks, then you will get away with the consequences of your actions?

Very noble of them.