Badger, Badger, Badger

Valid. But they could have also changed the mechanics for Journey specifically (which we do know they can do). Or they could have removed the points penalty for going over 10 turns. Or they could have reduced the number of points required to complete the stages. Any one of those things would have been fine by me because it would demonstrate that they do understand and care about the impact to the PVE side. Whereas this is…I’ll just say it’s dispiriting.

3 Likes

I just read through the 3.0 patch notes from summer 2017; the one that nerfed the Bone Dragon out of all teams (I think, that’s quite comparable to this one today). The mood between the community and those in charge was a significantly different one back then. I wasn’t an active forum member at the time, but I remember my mood towards the game being better in those days too.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your playerbase yet?

am i annoyed with this new troop nerf, yes. for journey only though as i stated else where it was needed outside of this event. does it make much difference… not really. as journey is/was a boring event any way having to rely on the pathfinder to loop as to not forfeit points the event took to long. we (our guild) made the event optional way before this change. today i bought to T3 instead of T6 because i still wanted those books, though it suits me as im not throwing so many gems at the event and im not wasting time on it now

Wow, is this a nice time capsule:

The iceberg goes much deeper than that, however, including:

What in the unholy… oh wait, was that an April Fool’s 2017 joke? Good one.

More relevant is this:

That’s more like it! Note that to this day King Bone Dragon in the Boss Dungeon still retains the uncapped version of the spell, and everyone knows just how much stronger that one is (especially if you’re running a Paladin/Rowanne type strategy).

3 Likes

Your point with this?

Because if they did test their game, why are there near weekly a new bug or bugs? Every single new patch= new bugs.
So I am sorry, this is just talk talk talk, trying to mask their mistakes and mess

Because comprehensive testing is difficult and super time-consuming?

I ain’t “defending” or “excusing” or “masking” anyone here, the criticism for failing to discover something (especially something readily apparent after launch) IS well-deserved.

1 Like

I didn’t mean you

This was an attempt to mask their mess

I’m agreeing with you and saying I’m expecting a refund because this is not fair.

If you get a full board of skulls, it only counts as 1 skull match under the current calculations.

So while full armor strip is nice, its not as exciting as it once was, where Bone Dragon used to do overflow damage through the first troop, hitting the second one as well.

Current Bone Dragon is actually ok in theory, but I don’t ever end up using it since the 3rd trait isn’t useful in situations where I would use Bone Dragon and 25 flat armor strip is boring. Would love if they brought back full armor strip and capped it at 15 skulls like it current does.

Actually more than anything, I wish they would give Bone Dragon a different 3rd trait, and just use the current Frozen Soul as a universal trait for other troops.

How many tiers will a guild have to buy per individual to complete all of the rewards this week? Does anyone know? I couldn’t find it talked about yet. Thanks.

it was 4 with some ppl needing 5 previously if they didnt get full score, so considering this is ONLY a downgrade, as we WILL lose some miles at the very minimum, tier 5 is probably hard required with tier 6 being VERY likely.

Will also vary by what troops are allowed, Amarok makes this week doable, but still very easy to lose points to taking too many turns.

1 Like

The frequency of the 75 base miles fight has been increased. It won’t be enough, but with some very lucky boards it would be possible to finish along the lines as before.
Beast isn’t a selection, that allows for a lot of scaling setups, and devouring takes too long. So far, I’m having halfway decent results with a Mang/Quentin team.

i dont see them saying the bosses show up more often, still says every 5 battles in the op, which is what it used to be as far as im aware.

Also, i prefer to stay away from skull teams in general, especially in journey, since later on all it takes is giving them one turn with a decent board and there goes the battle.

1 Like

nice to see silence from CX…

1 Like

Alternate text: “Devs: (Poor predictable players. Always think their headstart purchases won’t be nerfed.)” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I guess we’re back to this, now (until next Journey event)…

5 Likes

ah @Jonathan , always on point with the memes :heart:

1 Like

Silence? They replied 17 hours ago, hopefully they reply again this afternoon. Also they have been responsive to the Punishing Journey nerf incoming thread and the game lag issue thread. Unfortunately this game isn’t enough of a cash cow to provide 24/7 support.

Maybe, just maybe, they’re actually meeting with the people in charge about the community feedback to the timing and implementation of this terrible nerf… although there is no evidence of that ever happening before :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Average PPP is 10,500. With MYTHIC Pathfinder this is around 83 battles normally when using Redi’s tier list. 83 battles is just over tier 3, so some tier 4 purchases will be required.

However now that we most likely get punished for taking more than 10 turns and/or having troop losses, these “old” numbers aren’t reliable anymore.

I’d suggest everyone to buy atleast four tiers, regardless if there is some folk who go deep.

1 Like

yes silence… they are clearly active elsewhere. but have nothing to add. they are now not at work so nothing again for at least another 14 hours. 4.21 warned them prior to the changes what this would cause yet it was promptly shifted to spoilers. well time to move it back because its not a spoiler when its happened. its the same every time there is a problem. they burry the issue and hope we forget or stop talking about it.

6 Likes

I would suggest getting the books and calling it a day. This won’t work in some guilds that will finish everything no matter how bad it is. Just throwing the option out there to folks that can live with event not totally finished.

3 Likes