Badger, Badger, Badger

you speak of a blog, where can this be accessed?

Talking about balance - why there is no option to make Chalcedony, Todd and Seekra shiny???

3 Likes

FYI I think you have accomplished your goal…from my testing the troops still loop a little but they now do stop sometimes and that does give the player a chance to also have a turn whereas before you never got a chance at all.

Just kind of upsetting I guess to those who invested into these troops thinking they are getting very powerful troops. Not sure how you will compensate everyone.

4 Likes

Having the journey troop make extra turns for the AI every single cast is thrilling.

I feel sorry for anyone without Amarok this week.

5 Likes

I spent all my hard earned shiny key son these troops. Please send me all my keys back. What a waste of a hard to get and valuable resource. That is 7 times all the weeks shiny keys have been out.

3 Likes

https://gemsofwar.com/news/

It is cross posted to the forum official news category, facebook and twitter.

4 Likes

Upgrade resource refunds for the rebalanced troops are available in game now.
If you’d like to do so, you can see a yellow down arrow on the Troop card in your collection.
Selecting a Troop with this symbol will give the option to refund.

More info to come for those who made real money purchases for these troops.

4 Likes

you play this game because you have a chance to get money back for changing the game balance. in most games you will not receive any compensation :laughing:

The new Pvp mode went from promising to frustrating to exhausting. We get another example of development not understanding the workings of the game and implement stuff for us to deal with it, with adjustments maybe coming, once we have figured out how to make things barely work. And we still got the central issue of non-communication, with a team, that is completely detached from the community, and a moderation, that throws around half-promises and wild guesses disguised as facts. How can it be, that the only reliable source for this game are the code crawlers from Taran & co?

For a glimpse at the end of last year, I felt like the game deserves some goodwill. Whatever christmas ghost may have possessed me there, you successfully exorcised it.

12 Likes

i cant help but notice that shiny tokens dont get refunded

@Kafka can we now get a turn counter in journey please, remove treasure maps earned to make room for it.

4 Likes

Oh no. I just came back on regulary base to gems 2 weeks ago. Bought the headstart Yesterday and to read all this now makes me feel I spend at the wrong time. Back to my free to play plan is best from now on

5 Likes

can you request a refund through your storefront?

Dont think so. But will try later after work

If your only using journey troops, in every event.

I’d stop playing, there’s over 1000 troops

I notice that Egris, Hippolyta, Arborius, and Ailuin have not been changed, at least on my account.

Why make this change, though?

We never have to fight composed teams in PvP – we can just fight teams of random troops outside the central region. I don’t expect to ever lose a fight in PvP again. True, you can make some very good PvP offense teams using these troops, but I did not think they were faster to play than teams which used higher damage sources – you don’t need to loop when the opposing team is random trash.

The guild war defenses with these troops were tough matches, but not so different from the looping doomed book teams that I felt a change was needed. I’m happy enough with the change for guild wars, but the negative effects in all other game modes make me sad to see this nerf.

Some of the events will not be enjoyable as a result of these changes. I’m already resenting this journey event after only about 20 fights – and I will spend much, much, more time on those events than I will on guild wars.

So I see this as an unnecessary and negative change. I would have greatly preferred that some troops and weapons simply be banned from guild wars.

10 Likes

This is currently not working as intended, the random troops meeting region criteria are a temporary thing.

I predict it will not change much unless they also change the regions to stay the same every week – I, and probably many other players, only play one region a week.

So I am not going to have teams for the other (nine?) regions, so presumably even if it ever does get fixed, I can probably expect to fight only about one composed team for every six or seven fights.

1 Like

I spy with my little eye that… we will get some incentive to play these outer regions (I personally avoid central spire like a plague, THE WORST region that has all the bad of the old ranked PvP, nothing good out of the new PvP, so I move around the inner color-restricted regions only) in the future; which will make sure that there are player-made teams in all regions, not just Central Spire & color-restricted regions.

1 Like

that’s very optimistic.

The same thing could be said about the weekend arena events and those have never been adjusted.

They’re far too interested in putting out their next piece of content to even go back and make sure this update’s content makes sense.

We’ll find out what pvp part 2

Summary

monoliths and blood frenzy

is going to be soon enough. Doesn’t sound related to outer regions.

1 Like