Bad gem matches

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Actually yes it is. Ask any behaviourist. While the singular of ‘apodictic statements’ is not truth.

I’ll admit I’ve long suspected their rng to be “clumpy” but…

Hell, anythings possible between their tweaking, evasiveness, and “bugs” they introduced that they swear aren’t there.

No
No
No
Ooops, we found a bug.

1 Like

Of course you see it more happening for AI because we tend to remember bad experiences better. Why do you think media are so full of murders and disasters? People revel in negativity.

The interesting thing is that people that complain are usually early to mid game because late game players who play hundreds of matches every week know that you have to take the rough with the smooth. And of course more skilled players can adjust their play better to unfavourable board situations. But yes, sometimes you can’t win.

If you do not like RNG you should not be playing match 3 game. I do not know what else to tell you. Play chess, maybe.

1 Like

Can the forum moderators stop these trolls from ruining every thread please? You do not have to have the last troll word in every forum post.

This is some illuminati level stuff going on.

I can confirm that the AI is not rigged against the player. If that helps at all.

if not, let’s just endeavour to not insult each other.

4 Likes

The plural of anecdote is ‘anecdotes’

2 Likes

Of course you’d never had said that AI IS RIGGED if it WAS RIGGED.

Here you go folks, a confirmation.

Seriously tho, @trickycdr I can understand the annoyance with trolling but sometimes people are making the same arguments without any foundation in facts and you get so fed up with refuting them that you just laugh it off. Granted not the finest rhetoric tool but sometimes there is only so much banging your head against the wall you can take before your cranium caves in.

The bottom line is this some people feel that AI is rigged and whether it’s right or wrong they are unhappy. I can see that. But when people take some outrageously lucky once in a blue moon AI win the thing is they are just one person. And there are hundreds people playing the game who do not experience such AI favoritism. So either it is recall bias or AI is rigged only for some players.

You’re assuming that I am not tracking stats when I do these things. You really need to see my daily spreadsheet for things I track.

This isn’t about bad experiences - it’s about stats.

And for the record; I am not a troll, neither an angry unhappy player. I am annoyed at the bugs. I am annoyed that there are so many folks who do stats here, collect them, gather them, figure out the percentage of obscure data, and yet - WE - are told we’re just grumpy unhappy players.

FOR THE RECORD I HAVE NEVER STATED that the AI is rigged against the player.

What I am is a stats freak who notices patterns in situations, and has an very strong background in pattern recognition and testing complex processing of millions of transactions of data.

I’ve been known to prove extremely elusive bugs JUST by showing stats where after months of compiling data, the stats show something was up.

I’m also one of those weird engineers that like to read log files. You notice patterns there as well.

There is a bug here. Not sure if it’s a stack issue, a transaction issue, or an over all timing/accounting issue but the averages show on plotting out - there is just too many times things happen more than the - % - that is stated on the card on the AI side - verses the player side.

And since we know others - NEWBIES even says the same thing, you have to start looking at how might this bug be manifesting.

What I would do if I were dev is put in a set of counters (if they haven’t already) that is player/ai specific, and also over all all player/ai and start plotting those curves out. Then maybe they will see that there is something not quite right in dodge.

1 Like

Seems like a conspiracy theorist to me, alright. Sorry, It had to be said :smiley:

No, I am not assuming anything. I am simply stating that you are not the only person playing this game and not the only one gathering data. Some people are voicing similar concerns as you, some not. So either the game is bugged for some but not for others or sometimes RNGesus hates you.

There’s people who analyze data for a living, you know.
They live in a strange and terrible world and I’m grateful they dwell there in my behalf.

I’m into another kind af analysing and I notice that “the AI is not rigged against the player” is a factual truth.
But then nobody here says that the AI is rigged against the player. The AI is still dumb as a pile of bricks, now with more random dumb moves.
On the other hand, “The RNG is not rigged” is NOT a factual truth. We know for a fact there are adjustments in place. Do we know all the adjustment in place?

We know there used to be adjustments in place. I am not sure they are still present. It’s certainly a possibility that what we see as “streakiness” post-3.1 is truly random, and we were protected from it before by code whose importance we didn’t realize.

As to the AI/RNG distinction, I can’t help but wonder if the developers are simply echoing the (mis)use of the terms among the forumgoing population. Lord knows I see tons of posts complaining about the AI being rigged when four skulls drop from the top of the board.

The AI standing for the whole game? Possible. It’s a little like a doctor talking about “tummy problems”, however.