Aspect of Plague failing to kill

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
Plague’s third trait, Aspect of Plague, occasionally fails to kill, even if it hits life and the victim has one life left. This also happens with Moloch’s third trait.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
I’ve seen three ways this can happen. The first I had heard reported previously with Moloch’s trait, the other two I have not.

1. Match 4+ skulls on an attack that would otherwise kill the first opposing troop. If the trait affects life on this same match, the troop will survive with one life left.
  2. Match multiple 4+ at the same time, as with a converter. If the trait hits life twice simultaneously (possibly life + another stat as well), it will fail to kill.
  3. Use another troop that inflicts a status on a 4+ match. If the a troop that would otherwise die is inflicted with a status at the same time the trait hits life, the troop will survive with one life.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

Here is a video demonstrating the second and third conditions as stated above. The first has been reported many, many times, but I’m sure I can get a video of that too, if needed.

1:54 features a simultaneous stun and life hit from a single match 5, which causes the troop to survive
2:29 features a simultaneous match 4 and 5, affecting life twice, and the troop surviving anyway