Armor bonus bug (Xbox one)

Xbox one current update 4.4.0.09

When changing armor expected armor to change and continue playing game.

When changing armor to any other armor then back out there is the loading wheel which stays on screen infinitely, can move the cursor around the map but as soon as you click on anything it freezes and can’t back out or select anything.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Happens every time changeing armor been happening since 4.1 update

Steps to make it happen again
_simply go into character and change armor

2 Likes

Thanks for making a bug report about this. I thought I was the only one who experienced this, because I’m surprised this hasn’t come up before.

I wouldn’t say it happens to me every time that I change armor, but maybe 40% of the time I am left with the infinite loading wheel. Definitely very annoying, and like you said, something that came into existence a few updates ago.

3 Likes

I am disappointed to say that this is still very much a thing. And it’s gotten worse, because now (like lonewolf had experienced previously), it literally happens every time I change my armor.

Platform, device version and operating system:
Xbox One

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
About 40% of the time when changing armor starting with update 4.0 or 4.1 up until update 4.4, and 100% of the time when changing armor starting with update 4.5.

Steps to make it happen again
Enter the player menu, go to the Armor Bonus tab, select a different armor than the one you’re currently using, then press B to exit out of the player menu. You will be returned to the world map. At this point, you will be in a broken state.

The only option available to you is to press the Y button, which will bring up the PvP, Games, Guild, etc. options, but none of these are actually selectable. If you press the Y button again, you will now be able to navigate around the world map, and can even select a kingdom, but again none of the options are selectable within the kingdom. And there is no way to exit out of the kingdom screen once selected. Basically, once you have exited out of the Armor Bonus screen, the game becomes unplayable until you restart it completely.

There is a workaround: In the Armor Bonus screen, after you have selected a different armor, if instead of exiting out directly with the B button, you instead press the Y button to bring up your player profile, you will then be able to exit that profile and then exit the Armor Bonus screen and continue playing without penalty. But suffice it to say it is very annoying having to remember this extra step each and every time you want to change your armor, or else have to suffer the pain of a restart.

Please get this fixed for the next update. This bug has way overextended its welcome.