Arena Weekend Poll

Are you playing the Arena Weekend?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

0 voters

Hey everyone, I’m curious as to how the entire community is doing with the Arena Weekend. I’ve polled my guild and for the majority of them aren’t playing this weekend. Please feel to comment below, why or why not your playing. Thank you.

2 Likes

I’ve played between 200-250 runs since the rework. It was fun to start. I enjoyed using low tier troops that I hadn’t used before. Now its a tedious mess.

3 Likes

Trying to come up with a mature response as to why not but lets just say ARENA SUCKSSSS!

1 Like

I started this weekend with intention of maybe I’ll give Arena event another try…after getting to shards - I’m not touching this with a ten foot pole the following days, it just becomes too trolling too soon.

Similarly with Monday’s event - one run because of campaign task and leave it untouched after.

3 Likes

You should split the “Yes” option into:

• Until the 60 writs (3 runs/day)
  • Until first orb (5 runs/day)
  • More than first orb (> 5 runs/day)

My answer is that I will likely play 5 runs/day to get the orb. That should require about an hour/day.

9 Likes

Since the rework, I’m doing my daily 3 runs, which sometimes become 4 thanks to the inability to see the remaining daily offers.

But the event? Don’t care about it at all. I just act like it isn’t there.

2 Likes

Nerp!!! Root canals are more enjoyable.

4 Likes

I’ll do enough to get 1 orb on Sunday. I usually do 3 runs per day anyway to pick up pet and imperial deed offers, so it’s not that much extra.

1 Like

I stopped after a couple of battles on my second run, so I’m putting that as a no.

1 Like

No. Looking at the trophy counts in my guild, it looks like none of us are. It’s just not worth the headache. :frowning:

1 Like

This is sorry & awful event. It is terrible, waste of time and with no meaningful rewards.
The need to cancel it in my opinion.

2 Likes

I tolerated 2 runs, and was pleasantly surprised to see an achievement pop up to let me know that I don’t have to do that again.

1 Like

Got my PS4 trophy for it during the first Valor weekend, won’t ever touch it again except when required by campaigns.

Writs are nice, orbs are nice, but playing that mode just isn’t worth those rewards. They’d have to be tossing out handfuls of books of deeds or imperials for me to suffer through it.

It was bad enough when it just started as a lobotomized version of old Arena; now that thousands of teams have cycled through the match-ups it’s basically equivalent to doing pvp/GW and seeing the eye-rolling familiarity of Life & Death, Weaver, Selenus teams and the like.

I just don’t think there’s any configuration of Arena that would be fun for me if the primary ‘theme’ of it is “strip away everything you spend years working to unlock and attain”. If other people find that enjoyable more power to 'em but it’s regrettable to me that there’s usually more complexity in figuring out the scoring guide for World Events than there is in an entire mode of the game.

4 Likes

If they set it up like a mini roguelite and you played till you lost and earned rewards based on that they would have a hidden gem. Then mess with the drafting to really build a deck and things like that.

Its too bad they settle for mediocrity. Sad really. This team needs some fresh ideas. Creativity is severely lacking in any new content, especially that tragic thing they call a world event.

2 Likes

Yes, I played. Because I’m a masochist. There is no game mode more painful than the new arena. I congratulate the devs on finally creating something worse than guild wars.

3 Likes

No.

As I said previously, I just don’t have the time it takes to play this event.

However, I will say that I’m thankful they decided to do this event on Halloween weekend. I had a good night with my kids.

3 Likes

I did 3 battles per day. I would just retire immediately if I didn’t have a good team. I think I retired 5 times total over the 3 days, worth the gold cost to not have a shitty team. Even only 3 battles per day is torture enough I don’t know how anyone could stomach doing it for hours. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Idk how you play 3 a day. Not sure there is any offer good enough to make arena worth investing time in lol. I commend you playing arena that much!

2 Likes

Fun fact (which might already be common knowledge). A guildmate had a 4 win due to a campaign one week. The following week, it asked for 6 wins, and he simply completed the other 2 battles and completed the task.

In counterpoint, I still had an spooky imp arena team from Monday (drafted team but had not played any battles) and went to play the weekend event. Because the rewards were locked, I did not get any valor for completing all 6 battles. Which I guess means that if you start a round during arena weekend, you’ll get useless valor whenever you decide to finish it. Or, if you’re really dedicated, you can hold it until the next arena event and see what happens.

There was a valor event on Monday. It told me to finish my current Arena run before I could begin the valor event. I finished the Arena run and got credit for the campaign, as is tradition, but did not wish to participate in the Monday event, or the Weekend event for that matter.

2 Likes