Arena Opponents, Life & Death Weapon? Really!?

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC, Windows, Steam

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting the Arena battles to be fair. At least restrict opponents to weapons that I have in my armory.
However, an opponent had the Life & Death weapon. I can forget about winning 6 battles.
And, yes, I consider this to be a bug.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Randomly. Saw it a few minutes ago.

Steps to make it happen again
It’s random. (Or is it?) Play the Arena.

1 Like

In the Arena you face what other people have used. Since L+D is good on offense, a fair number of people use it, so that’s why their successes are now to your pain :man_shrugging:

They removed DB from defenders to improve play balance. I think it would be fair to remove LnD as well.

3 Likes

Uh huh. Like I said, the Arena opponents should be limited to what I have in MY armory. I don’t have that weapon.

Well, arena is arena. I usually play it with Dawnbringer. Do you have one? =)

You must be new here :rofl:

If you and your friends can constantly complain about this for a year, the devs will replace it just like they did for dawnbringer.

Today was the first time I have ever played arena. Did my six and left. What happens when you make it to the end?

This.

Did not realize that others had been complaining about it for a year. Didn’t realize anyone was actually playing Arena at all, actually. :smirk:

I had been ignoring it for over a year. Probably why the Devs programmed the Campaign feature to include a task for it.

No worries. Just a 1000 gold wasted. Second try was successful.

I don’t know if anyone has complained about L&D in arena, if so they haven’t put much effort into it. Not like the 600+ posts on this ban dawnbringer from arena thread… Not the oldest thread either, just the one with the most posts.

It took about 2 years and multiple threds to get a change, cupcake. Then they made Arena suck so hard it took this long for people to notice L&D works pretty good, too.

I noticed removing it didn’t make the game so not-challenging you stuck around, so you could probably tolerate L&D getting adjusted in a game mode you never play too.