Arena Freeze Bug

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
Ok, so this is the third time this happens, so I’m feeling really annoyed. I enter into the fighting screen, and then I can’t click on anything. The mouse is responsive, in that I can move it around, but I cannot click on the gems or the troops. I’ve once waited over 20 mn, no change. And of course, if I close the game, I’m given a loss.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Go into the fight, try to make a match, despair?

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
Nope, I’ll record a video next time, a screenshot would be useless.

Arena always freezes for me after I choose the third troop. At least I can end the game and play the entire Arena seesion after restarting.

1 Like

That’s another bug I often have too, but it doesn’t give me an instant loss, so I don’t mind it that much.

I have experienced all those as well. Experienced them today too.
Even got the troop select freeze today with the first troop instead of the third (that was a first), which caused the game to autoselect troops for my arena team…

Yeah, that one happens often too, I just cross my fingers every time… :confused:

What platform are you using when the freeze is occuring? iOS/Android/Steam?

Steam. I only play on my PC.

Few more questions, we’re trying to work out why this occurring as nothing has changed in Arena recently.

1. When did this first start occurring?
  2. Did you do anything in the game before doing Arena?
  3. Is there a troop you notice being in your team every time a freeze occurs?
  4. Does it freeze every time or randomly?
  5. What version of windows are you using?

Jumping in here: I have experienced the freeze after selecting the third troop (happening occasionally) for a long time. I couldn’t say when it exactly started. I am on iOS (iPad). I remember once having the freeze after selecting the first troop, which indeed leads to the server selecting the other two for me.

MarvelKit, could you answer the 5 questions as well? It’ll helpful in case there’s similarities in the responses.

Sure!

1. I can’t say for sure, could have been after the 1.0.6 update. But I discovered Arena-mode fairly late in the game.
  2. Not that I can say. As far as I know, I went to Arena, paid my 1000 gold and started selecting. Perhaps I was playing an Arena game before, and I will certainly try to notice next time it happens.
  3. No.
  4. Randomly, happened only 4 or 5 times in many Arena games.
  5. I am on iOS. :smile:
  1. Can’t remember, it has been happening for a while
  2. I think it mostly happens if I have done a few arena games (with game refering to full sets of 10) already. Not in the first arena set of the session.
  3. No
  4. Randomly
  5. Win 7

[quote=“Nimhain, post:8, topic:727, full:true”]
When did this first start occurring?[/quote]
Last week. It happened four times in all.

I think I played a treasure map once, the other times I did nothing else.

No, but these are two different bugs. The one that freezes during troop selection will select troops at random for me, but they may vary. The bug I’m talking about is a general freeze while I’m playing a game, and the line-up changed each time.

Randomly. It only happened four times in all. Doesn’t matter if I’m using other programs or not in the meantime, if I’m playing full screen or windowed… I have no idea what is causing it.

[quote=“Nimhain, post:8, topic:727, full:true”]What version of windows are you using?
[/quote] Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thanks everyone! I’ll put this in our database and see if we can find what may be causing this.

Thank you!

I made a video of the bug but apparently it cannot upload it and I’m not particularly inclined to create a Youtube account just for it. I’m not sure the video would help anyway, but if you need it, is there another way to submit it?

You may be able send it via a Support ticket.

Will do then, thanks for the reply.

Arena just froze on me.
I logged in, read the guild chat, changed to Celestial outfit and launched the Arena. The freeze happened at the beginning of the fourth match

Video has been received, and is in @Full’s hands for analysis :slight_smile: