Arena Event Quick Reference Guide

The rewards are so small and weird that I don’t understand who is a target audience of this event. Newbies have many other modes to earn more needed rewards for them. Endgamers needs only writs but for that amount of Valor gain only 0.06 of Imperial Deed? I have plenty of time today, but I will return back to medal farming instead of spending time in that useless event.

Also, I feel like devs shoot themselves in a leg with Arena of Valor on weekends. We had Vault weekend every 5 weeks with a traditional Flash Offer for Vault Keys. One of the most (if not the most) popular Flash Offer, definitely source of money. We had new Faction Event every 5 weeks which drain a huge amount of gems from playerbase, probably more than any other event. Now both of these events are every 6 weeks instead of 5 weeks and instead we got dull Arena of Valor into the weekly rotation. Devs many times said that any new feature should generate money to be worth of development time. I don’t see how Arena of Valor is going to generate money for them. Daily Offers for Arena run? Firstly, the current implementation of Daily Offers doesn’t give me useful offers (even as I want to spend all my gems on them). Secondly, Daily offers limited by 3 per day, no reason to continue play Arena of Valor over and over.

14 Likes

I’ve bug reported it but feel it may come under feature request/ feedback, personally I think it is a bug purely because new players won’t be able to see the tracker because they can’t clear all pet rescue battles. Hopefully it does get fixed though :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Thanks for confirming that the new Arena is even more of a waste of time than the old one… :+1:

8 Likes

well it’s less, you weren’t able to get gem keys from previous one, or crafting materials for usefull stuff… glory keys aren’t that of a big deal

1 Like

Seeing what was the end result after years of ‘Arena Revamp’ talk, the above statement could be considered consistent.
:thinking:

On topic: thanks to the OP for a breakdown that, once again, is more helpful to players than anything found in-game.
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

9 Likes

My usual arena runs (5 battles) takes from 10 min (if I’m lucky with units draw) to 15 min (if I’m unlucky with units draw).

Let’s say with fairly quick pace, I could do arena run within 12 min average. That’s 250 valor gained every hour. Of course I assume I will always get 6 wins and play without any interruptions (so perfect scenario, which is of course impossible long term).

This means, to get first 60 writs, I will have to play arena event for almost 2 hours! To get first orb of chaos, I will have to play arena event for almost 3 hours!
To get second 60 writs, I will have to play arena event perfectly for more than 8 hours! And that’s all assuming I will have perfect runs, always getting 6 wins.

To make single Imperial Deed, you need 1000 writs, but also 100 diamonds! To upgrade all kingdoms to max level, you need 1088 Imperial Deeds, so 1,088,000 writs. And devs are claiming now lack of Imperial Deeds problem is solved with this new and shiny Arena event? That’s just… hilarious!

10 Likes

Nobody is claiming that. At least i haven’t seen it.

On the opposite opionion:
i usually do 3 (sometimes even 4 or 5 if i get realy unlucky with troops) runs daily to see the shop offers. This will usually give me 90-150 Valor (minimum of 3x5, max @ 3x6), not including runs that ended up before 5 wins.
if you multiply that by 7 days, its 630 - 1050 Valor on top of daily activity i do just to see offers.

Chaos Orb is @ 675, 2nd Gem keys rewards is @945. At this point i’m almost 100% certain i will all rewards up to and including 1 Chaos Orb for free (im doing arena’s for extra daily deals) and pretty sure to get another extra 3 gem keys.

If i get bored by other modes i can do few more battles to get another 1000 shards.
Everything above that point is grinding… seeing as getting another 2 event keys requires a total of 1620 which is double what i get for doing my daily arena runs (on average) i see it not worth it…
I’m probably going to be faster doing TH and farming gems equal to these 2 event keys, than doing those arena runs (especialy i can get probably get more glory keys/gold by doing so in the same ammount of time).

You only earn Valor during an Arena Event. We have Today’s Arena Event, next one is scheduled for 26th October I believe, again only running for 24hours. Any Valor earnt does not roll over to the next Arena Event on the 26th October.

Also the game automatically redeems your valor against the reward you were working towards.

Eg. You start the event, you get a 6 win run, you earnt 50 valor so you get an ingame mail of the 3 gem keys and your tracker now says 5/90 valor needed to reach the 1000 shards. It doesn’t say 50/90 valor needed to reach the 1000 shards

5 Likes

Weren’t arena events supposed to be weekly ? :stuck_out_tongue: running somewhere in background ?

We were told before, Books of Deeds will be available in campaign both free and paid passes. And we have now first Books of Deeds available there. But since kingdom upgrades require both Books of Deeds and Imperial Deeds, someone asked Salty on stream, what about Imperial Deeds. She replied, Imperial Deeeds will never be added to free pass, they can be added to paid pass though.

Same time, Salty stated on her stream, with new Arena event we can now farm as many Deeds as we like for free! Yay! Amazing! But seeing now how new Arena event works, I don’t see this though…

So I guess it’s reasonable assumption to make, devs don’t want to give free players options to get more Imperial Deeds (apart from Arena event, which is considered “infinite number of deeds for free players!”).

It looks like, you didn’t understand how Arena event works. Hawx explaned this above. You can’t get those rewards every day, you have to wait for Arena event specifically.
And then, due to amount of time it takes to get second set of rewards, almost all people will be limited to basically 60 writs in 1-day long Arena event (I personally don’t think many will spend over 8h doing arena in single day) and 120 writs in 3-days long Arena event. Is this much? Single Imperial Deed requires 1000 writs, so do the math yourself. Also, if you are in good guild, you will get 179 writs each week from Guild Tasks. That’s far more than you can get from rare Arena events.

4 Likes

Afraid not. Just going off Tarans, this is your line up…

Was just checking you understood as ‘I’ll do a few more battles after getting the first orb of chaos’ seems to indicate you may of thought the rewards operate similar to other areas of the game. Another 270 valor to reach the second lot of 3 gems keys is near enough 6 full perfect arena runs

All my calculations were based on wrong impression, that Arenas of Valor will be something that runs whole week in the background. See the numbers in post above. With this things being 1day/3day only i see it as maybe worth grinding up to 1st writ reward and skipping the rest of it.

2 Likes

Yeah that seems to be what most people who are participating are going towards.

I unlocked the achievement. No need to continue further.

5 Likes

Yeah me too. Not remotely efficient play time. Plus I had to do the pet rescue I’ve zillions of to see what I was doing :neutral_face:

2 Likes

:100: Not even a guaranteed Orb of Ascension would have me play this event after unlocking the achievement. Arena was terrible. Arena is terrible. Arena will always be terrible. :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s funny because people seemed to actually be excited about the Arena of Valor event before the point requirements were released today. Why even make an event “repeatable” when it’s so unobtainable?

3 Likes

As far as I understood the official communication, making it repeatable allows placing a check mark next to the “community wants a way to farm imperial deeds” item on the to do list and treat all future similar requests as resolved duplicates that can be ignored.

5 Likes

Hard disagree there. 3/day shot at being able to buy pets is worthwhile.

If you want to slog through all those battles, go ahead.

I have better things to do with my time.

1 Like