Arena & Doomed Blade

Fantastic to see doomed blade is the new issue for arena as we’ve had nothing since dawnbringer got removed:

The horrendous bias cascades really didn’t help

7 Likes

Lol they forgot about the arena :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

I just think it’s funny that u can still change banner, yet they haven’t put other banners in

1 Like

Well, this should only take about 14 months to get fixed.

2 Likes

The Broken Banner broke all the other banners… :laughing:

There was a ninja change quite a few weeks ago, banners get ignored in Arena, you only get base mana from matches.

4 Likes

“I hope you all are, eagerly, looking forward to the Doomed Blade fix for Arena, happening late 2029.”

^ Gems of War Dev (November 2018) ^

Lol xD

I’m poisoning the pool this time; for most of the Dawnbringer era I didn’t even have it so I couldn’t help contribute to the madness.

On offense, Doomed Blade, which is also “DB” just like Dawnbringer, seems even more powerful. The main difference is you can afford to actually draft a functional team. Some games you just don’t get 18 blue mana. With Dawnbringer you usually drafted “anything yellow” so once your hero pops you should probably retreat. With Doomed Blade, I win a lot of games without even using DB.

On defense I guess it feels worse, I haven’t played against one yet. It’s on average 1 turn faster, and mine’s dealing out 19 damage to the enemy team. I can’t remember exactly but I think that’s either 1 more or equal to DB. It generally wipes everything but the hero, and skulls take care of the rest.

Not a fan.

2 Likes

This weapon is mono color with a high mana cost. Difficulty to beat on defense is so much easier than Dawnbringer.

1 Like

Yeah I was just really unfortunate with AI and it’s blue cascades :joy: