Arcane Plains Stones (Y/P) What troops would you trait?

At present, it does not appear that either of the remaining horsemen the will require Arcane Plains.

1 Like

Don’t say that.

Please not Arcane Storm please not Arcane Storm…

1 Like

Nope, no Storm either.

Unless it’s too much of a spoiler, what does peering into your Crystal Ball reveal (future events always subject to change of course)?

If I were you, I’d stock up on:

Arcane Swamp Traitsones
Arcane Venom Traitsones
Arcane Spirit Traitstones
Arcane Dark Traitsones

2 Likes

Huh. That makes way more sense for Death but I figured they were going to keep the color-coded cycle for some reason. … Damn, Arcane Dark is a pain too lol.

Wellp, if you’re willing to spend $$$, there’s a pack in the shop right now…

How does shadow dragons 3rd trait work? For example, if I converted a colour to purple and had 4 purple matches does shadows attack increase by 4? If not, what if there are cascade matches?

p.s. am I the only one that doesn’t know the name of arcanes and would prefer the colours listed instead of the name? :hear_no_evil:

Yep you’re not the only one who finds it confusing! That’s why I put “Arcane Plains (yellow/purple)” in the topic title to help make it clearer. Wish other folks would have pity on us and quote the arcane colours being discussed whenever a traitstone thread is started. :wink:

As for your question about how Shadow Dragon’s 3rd trait activates, I’m also a bit fuzzy on how that works.

I hate reading my comments in quotes as I then realise how many spelling/grammatical errors there are… working too much, have to start rereading them before sending!

I think it would also be great if Lyya included the arcane colours in their troop list database when checking a characters traits

Sure, I can put them somewhere…where would you want them to be? They’re already available when you click the traits for a given troop (in the tooltip that shows).

In the meantime, here’s a handy reference chart:

Gems of War Traitstone Reference Chart
======================================

Name                         Colors           Kingdoms
-------------------------- | -------------- | -----------------
Arcane Stoic Traitstone    | Blue/Blue      | Stormheim
Arcane Swamp Traitstone    | Blue/Green     | Maugrim Woods
Arcane Blood Traitstone    | Blue/Red       | Mist of Scales
Arcane Blade Traitstone    | Blue/Yellow    | Swords Edge
Arcane Spirit Traitstone   | Blue/Purple    | Khetar, Glacial Peaks
Arcane Shield Traitstone   | Blue/Brown     | Broken Spire
Arcane Stealth Traitstone  | Green/Green    | Forest of Thorns
Arcane Beast Traitstone    | Green/Red      | Wild Plains
Arcane Light Traitstone    | Green/Yellow   | Pan's Vale
Arcane Venom Traitstone    | Green/Purple   | Zhul'Kari
Arcane Forest Traitstone   | Green/Brown    | Zaejin
Arcane Rage Traitstone     | Red/Red        | Pridelands
Arcane Storm Traitstone    | Red/Yellow     | Adana
Arcane Dark Traitstone     | Red/Purple     | Ghulvania, Blighted Lands
Arcane Lava Traitstone     | Red/Brown      | Grosh-Nak
Arcane Summer Traitstone   | Yellow/Yellow  | Whitehelm
Arcane Plains Traitstone   | Yellow/Purple  | Divinion Fields
Arcane Mountain Traitstone | Yellow/Brown   | Drifting Sands
Arcane Death Traitstone    | Purple/Purple  | Karakoth
Arcane Skull Traitstone    | Purple/Brown   | Darkstone
Arcane Deep Traitstone     | Brown/Brown    | Khaziel
8 Likes

I think Shadow Dragon’s trait will try to count ‘3-matches’. Basically the same as Sheggra/Bone/KoS for mass skull matches used to be. Given that they (and by extension all other gem spawners) have been fixed to not overload everything, I would assume that SD’s Darkfall will only make one ‘match’ from a big blob of purple like that. If there are four distinct 3-matches then I think it would give you +4 attack.

I haven’t traited him myself though, so I can’t test it.

Regardless of how it works, its a big disconnect from the rest of the troop, seeing as the ability is true damage.

Yes, I think it works that way, and Winter Imp’s trait as well. Lots of smaller matches are “better” for the trait than one giant “blob,” as strange as that may feel.

1 Like