Apply the same metric to GW Bracket winners and losers

Thank you @Jonathan for posting additional links. In some of the older threads, 2017 and 2018, it seemed like one year was the consensus for how long it should take to find competitive brackets. And I would say that more or less has been my guild’s experience. There should be a rite of passage to climb the leaderboards for new guilds.

And while we are nearing the end of our quest to face the top 100 guilds in glorious combat, I still would like to make it less frustrating for future guilds in their ascent. Should it take 6 GW for a dead or dying guild to drop from b1 to b10? Dropping an additional 2 brackets per GW after dropping to b10, if that is to be their destiny, would then take that guild 45 more wars to drop from b10 to b100. 51 wars is just under 4 years.

My head is starting to hurt from trying to do math. Forget the gem rewards. Forget the other rewards. I just want to be fighting honorable matches, with my friends and guild mates. There is no honor in defeating dead guilds. And we have faced too many of those in the past 14 months. I am certain that future guilds will feel the same frustrations.

“where every Guild is in a bracket which is suited to their activity.” This is not happening when guilds with 3 to 5 members are allowed to linger in higher brackets. Hypothetically speaking. It may be different on PS4 and Console/Mobile.

Thanks again for adding to the discussion.

1 Like