Anyone used to play MUDS?

Yep. Never played any MMORPG. Digital heroin. I would have been the guy you read about that died after a 50-hour WoW binge…

1 Like

I was on quite a few BBS’ but don’t remember their names. Fond memories of door games like VGA Planets. In fact I have several door games on 3.5" floppy disks in the “archive”.

Used to play on a variant of Circle MUD called Archipelago.

YESSS!!! Another TW fan! Gawds, I had so much fun playing Trade Wars on BBS!

1 Like

Yes, I think I do remember playing on Citadel.

I used to be quite the infamous mud hacker.

Why I rember this one mud, lone star operated out of the university of Texas somewhere… First mud to introduce double passwords for wizards to keep hackers out. Didn’t matter, I had root access to the box because the sys admin used root password to play another mud. Which we had hacked and were logging plain text passwords and ip adresses.

Hooooollly cowww!

Kay, I got to being curious about BBSs, Citadel, and TradeWars…

I didn’t expect TW to still be around, but…
http://wiki.classictw.com/index.php?title=Jumpgate

2 Likes

OMG… I have an ubuntu server that I run Plex on out of my house… I might just grab that and load it up just to see what is what…

The fond memories of TW2002… Sell, steal, transport with 3 fully loaded colonial transports… Photon torpedo into Ferengi Space and attack the planet… I went from Angelic to Demonic to Angelic in a single day by attacking federation ships around federation space, then went and attacked Ferengal to go back to angelic and then attacked more Feds to go back to demonic…

I used procomm plus for my telnet/dialup client, it had a scripting language called Aspect which was pretty easy to learn. I did all my scripting in that… Then those tradwars helpers came out and they were so much easier so I switched to those, don’t recall their names though.

Good times.

2 Likes

I think everybody used Procomm Plus at one point or another. :smiley:

When I was in highschool, and I had limited play-time on my parent’s computer, I would log onto a MUD called “Legends of Terris”. It was based out of (Great Britain? England? What was the difference at the time?)

Anyway, I was introduced to it by my then-boyfriend/now-husband and was the first social game I ever played via internet. It was easy to begin, difficult to master, and was a helluva lotta fun.

And yes, it still exists today: Legends of Terris
My characters still exist, it can be FTP or paid premium. However, the player base (last time I logged in) was tiny, so I never really got back into it like I used to…

1 Like

I still play from time to time. I seem to play like 2 months every 2 years.

I was on Realms of Despair back in the mid-90’s. Spent most of my uni career there :slight_smile:
It’s still up and running! realmsofdespair.com:4000

1 Like

I once went back to my old mud back around 2000. Everyone I ever knew long gone, the mud unrecognizable, and the old wizards merely stuff of legends.