Anybody got some good post-buff Ketras teams?

I’m finding him hard to use still even after the buff.

3 Likes

On one hand his buffing on red matches makes him ideal for a looper deck, getting bunches of red matches to make him really big.

On the other, losing the turn to cast and kill one troop breaks the loop, so if you want to cast you need to clean up the board of all match 4+ (likely losing all the mana since your troops are full), then cast once, give turn to AI, then start looping again to refill.

If he had “If the enemy is killed, gain a turn”, even at the old 3:1 ratio, he would fit FAR better into a loop deck.

The other option is to try and use him as a skull damage dealer with something like:
Ketras
Hellcat
Alchemist
Courage

Never intending to cast the bull (unless just one troop left to finish), cycle cat/alchemist to build, then Courage on red+skulls to dish damage. But Ketras’ blocking red to alchemist makes it slow to get going and generally inferior to faster attack builds with either Dragon Soul/Krystanax or Kraken/Spider/Valk/Mab or Bone Dragon/whatever

4 Likes

Slow is precisely what I’m finding. I’m getting pretty frustrated being locked into one or two builds in order to deal with the constant stream of Bone Dragons. Any experimentation means no PVP at all unless you want to lose a bunch of matches.

1 Like

Put him on top, his attack can get huge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t build a good team around him, much as I have tried.

On the bright side, I think he could theoretically deal more single-target damage than any other troop in the game (not counting multiple skull matches for a troop with very high attack). Off the top of my head, only he and Rowanne could one-shot another troop with 1000 armor and 1000 life…and Rowanne could only do that if it were the only troop left.

1 Like

Not before he gets one-shot by whatever BD combo team I’m facing… :frowning:

1 Like

Cant argue much about that. . Tho he does have 25% skull reducation.

2 Likes

Great, so you only take 75% of the 5x overkill damage that a BD deck typically inflicts :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t want to turn this into another BD thread though.

It is disappointing that Ketras isn’t more useful. I guess the same could be said of Jotnar. :frowning:

2 Likes

Hey hey, at least its not all 100%. I had dragotaur surviving multiple times the first cast of BD during the last week whem dragons were buffed. So with only around 150 total armor and hp combined and the same 25% damage reducation.
I thinl ketras can reach that tankines without much problems :slight_smile:

1 Like

While he may not be as useful as the current base mythic heavyweights(we all know who they are) i’d argue that Ketras is leagues above Jotnar in usefulness and teambuilding flexibility sadly.

2 Likes

Ketras does have the highest possible damage in game - a little bit above 2500.

1 Like

Unfortunately we’re talking about degrees of useLESSness, not degrees of useFULness.

1 Like

Criticising a troop for not surviving against the current broken meta BoneDragon crap is hardly fair.

Ketras isn’t top end like Gard, but is pretty usable now.

I went with:
Sylvanimora
Courage
Hellcat
Ketras

…seems to work quite well. Loops mean S entangles first enemy so protection from Courage misfiring. Couple of loops and K can one-shot enemy’s main threat.

4 Likes

The broken meta is all I have unless I want to field single-troop defenses every week. Sometimes I want to take advantage of the current weekly event or even help out others who are trying to take advantage of it.

1-troop defense teams and skipping matches just isn’t a reliable solution. Bone Dragons are still ever-present and until that’s fixed, that’s the stick that we have to measure with.

I’m using:

Rock Troll
Courage
Ketras
Sunweaver

It’s not fast but it is fun. Sunweaver buffs all the skill points he boosts with and give him mana.

3 Likes

Sunweaver is one hell of a buffer with a huge downside - ending the turn. And on end game PvP passing the turn to the enemy for buffing a troop isnt something desirable. One of the reasons why Emperina isnt used either, even though she makes a great support troop.

5 Likes

Yep. Giving up the turn is asking to get blasted with skull spam or Death Mark.

You never know what might drop for the AI from the sky and be the end of you xD
I mean it doesnt happent that often, but the more we let the turn go, more often can it happen.

1 Like

Considering they only need one purple match-4 to start the “my Bone Dragon kills 3 of your troops” loop, well…