And new week in GW and what do we have --- Famine again

I’m glad there is no more Scale guard teams.

3 Likes

Until next MoS week lol

1 Like

Actually I think we might see Sir Gwayen in Defense - after all keep spawning… along with elsbeth

1 Like

On that thought, did anyone else start this weeks first games still fearing scale guard teams two shotting your stuff, before it really sunk in they don’t have the buff anymore?^^

1 Like

Yeah, I’m on board with Famine having its mana cost raised a bit. But I wouldn’t change anything else.

2 Likes

I 100% agree, and i think anything between 42 and 47 would be an appropriate manacost for his spell.

14 Likes

I would add a counter card then or counter spell to protect from that kind of mana drain. SOMEONE needs to be able to block that.

Mythic should be mythic lol. New or casual players may not have them. Well work 4 it.

Famine is easy to counter. Silence him or drain him. If he hits your team fight your way back.

2 Likes

Well you can’t actually do that. If the mythic event week is over there is no way to “work” for a particular mythic atm.

Yeah because Famine is alone in the team right ?

Yeah he is not unbeatable, he is just an incredibly ill-conceived and badly designed fun sucking entity of doom, making games dull annoying and boring.
He also does way too much for his mana, so beatable or not, he is objectively overpowered.

9 Likes

I think making manaburn immunity also manaDRAIN immunity would balace out those troops pretty well. DragonSoul for example would be a safe mana bank when famines drain is shortly before beeing released.

4 Likes

I’ve always thought that the various immune traits should incorporate two immunities to make them more stronger/interesting. For example:

Mana Shield - immunity to mana burn and mana drain.
Warded - immune to DeathMark and Cursed.
Sturdy - immune to Poison and Disease.

And so forth.

13 Likes

I am level 1039 and in a top 10 guild but I am one of the unlucky ones that cant get the powerful mythical troops. my guild finishes all tasks by Monday night and I spend all my gems on vip chests and gem chests but they just wont come. I am going against teams that are twice as powerful as me and the ai wont drop my colors. My guild has a play and have fun attitude (for now), most members feel they are letting the guild down and are hard on their selves. This game has always been tons of fun but guild wars is very frustrating, if it wasn’t for the sake of my guild I wouldn’t even play it.

7 Likes

Work for it.

ROFL

That’s rich.

2 Likes

I don’t like that idea at all. Mana drain is a legit counter to mana generators.

Why through the baby out with the bath water?

I’m level 1166 and in a top 10 guild currently fighting in Bracket #1 in Guild Wars.

I don’t have Famine, Death, Plague, or Draakulis all of whom I see regularly in PVP. I also don’t have Wulfgarok or Pharos-Ra. Wulfgarok is extremely powerful in GW.

5 Likes

Ya but the there are traits that stop mana drain. Famine is a weirdo. Nothing stops his mana drain.

1 Like

I have him - without traited…how would he be useful in GW right now.

I think there is a huge underlying problem here regarding manadrain. It comes at a ridiculously low cost, if you look at most of the currently used manadrain troops, their ability to drain mana looks like a free bonus.

Spirit Fox already has great truedamage/mana ratio (better than Jotnars in a non-giant team) throw in empowered he is an extremely efficient truedamage troop completely ignoring the attached manadrain.

Famines spell has damage that quickly scales up to 100+ values, ironically his cheaper spell scales up much faster to oneshot capabilities than Ketras’ does (a mythic whose base concept is to grow his spell to massive values with the singleminded purpose of dealing damage and no additional effects to it). The fact that Famine also drains anywhere between 30 and 60 mana with a single cast that only costs him 20 is a complete joke.

Emperor Khorvash deals 50ish truedamage split between two targets, and also stuns both of them, for just 15 mana, that already is really strong and super efficient on its own.
But he also completely manadrains both targets, which is just absolutely absurd really.

Manadrain is clearly drastically undervalued in its cost currently, Famine is just the greatest outlier by far, but it is true for other troops as well.

12 Likes

I don’t find Spirit Fox that bad, mostly because it only drains 7 fixed mana. Empowered is nice but there’s often no mana to drain on Turn 1. On the other hand,

Succubus for example drains upwards of 25 mana depending on bonuses AND places Death Mark, all for 9 mana.

You’re spot on about Khorvash and Famine. It’s difficult to accept that Khorvash was nerfed when his armor wasn’t even the 4th biggest problem with him, let alone the 1st.

4 Likes

Lmao im lvl 1105 and have em all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But i was around back when you got 5k diamonds a week in guild task . Saved a few

2 Likes