I’m a level 58 player. I’ve been using a team that has worked well so far and I want to share it.
Hero (green weapon)
Skeleton (purple mana)
Luther (blue/brown mana)
Sparkgrinder (red/yellow mana)
All colors are represented.
Red and Yellow (Banner of Progress).
- Green weapon power. I use Elder Bow, pretty much because I lack something better.
- Wake the dead (Skeleton). Create skulls. Gain attack. Gain an extra turn.
- Call to arms (Luther). Give all allies attack.
- Upgrade (Sparkgrinder). Give an ally attack and armor.
Where to obtain the cards:
- Skeleton (common card): Easily obtained in gold chests.
- Luther (epic card): Obtained by completing the quests of Broken Spire.
- Sparkgrinder (epic card): Obtained by completing the quests of Adana.
The idea is to buff our first troop’s attack and armor and use the skeleton to create skulls on the board and take advantage of our high attack.
Early game strategy:
The idea is to try to match red and yellow gems whenever possible to buff up the attack and the armor of your first card (your hero) by using Sparkgrinder’s power. The objective is to outlast your opponents, since your armor and your attack grows the longer the game goes.
The next colors that we must seek are brown and blue, to use Luther’s power to further increase the attack of all our troops. If our hero gets killed (sometimes it happens), the second troop will arguably have its attack somewhat buffed to take its place.
Late game strategy:
When your hero has enough life/armor that it will resist the opponents attacks and it has enough attack to kill the first opponent with one attack, start prioritizing purple gems, in order to use the Skeleton to create skulls and deal damage on the opponent.
Use your weapon to kill troops with low life (for instance, if your weapon deals 7 damage and your hero has 23 attack, you’d rather finish off the 6-life first card of the opponent with your weapon than with skulls). Use your weapon too to lower the life of the first card of the opponent to bring it into range for killing it with one skull blow (for instance, if your weapon deals 7 damage and your hero has 23 attack, use the weapon on the 30-life first card of the opponent to bring it to 23 life and be able to kill it with the next skull blow).