An honest letter to the devs and players

Slight OT but I haven’t seen this word used since I played Puzzle Pirates, probably 15+ years ago. That game automatically substituted pirate-y terms when you would type a swear word in chat. I know it wasn’t intended but thanks for the chuckle, that game was fun back in the day.

2 Likes

I think the consensus that we can all agree with is the price of gems in real world money is way overpriced. And that is both the root of my post, and I believe the root of the games problems.

@Nephilim I already informed my guild that next. Week will be my last. They are great and deserve to have a player that both plays every day and actually cares about the game. Two things I no longer do. Like you I will log in every so often to check out the state of things, but my days of playing every day are over. I have a backlog of games to play and more great ones releasing this year. I’m happy to give my money to them instead. If this game ever turns itself around then at that point I will decide if it’s worth reinvesting.

I really do think some of you missed the point I was trying to make entirely. Yes, I was complaining, but it came from a place that actually sees the potential in this game and it’s new features. I don’t think everything is all bad, there are some great ideas in this new update. It’s just overshadowed by its high cost of admission vs the rewards vs the “value” of even buying in with real money. It’s all skewed way out of favor from the players. That coupled with the constant nerf to rewards, it adds up to EA caliber greed.

4 Likes

On that, I can agree. The price of gems in the shop are ridiculous.

3 Likes

I have been playing for quite a while now and have never bought something from the store.
I still think the game is fun even though I don’t really like the new raid stuff.
No one is forcing you to play every day or to buy stuff from the store.

5 Likes

The Vault event has been fun. I think the weeks in between were sour grapes because we didn’t really have access to the new content. I was unhappy, but this weekend changed my feelings on that all around. Looking forward to Bounties.

Raids are a little disappointing for reasons already laid out many times over. Everyone I know who liked it on Monday hated it by Friday. I imagine tho that they are listening and will tweak it. The main thing right now is I have almost no incentive to use gems for invasion. That can change tomorrow if it’s vastly different. There is only one truly amazing orb (ascension) and the others are kinda nice, but I can easily grind. The new soulforge boss can rot. I will never buy that lol just like I will never bother with Xathenos. The rest of the rewards I can get using gems on different chests. I guess except for the troops which become wildly useless after their week.

Everything can change, tho. I’ve played many online games featuring constant updates. Some went from bad to real good, good to bad to good, etc… Only once have I seen a revision actually kill a game (Star Wars Galaxies), but it held on for awhile even after most of it was dead content.

3 Likes

My 2 cents.

I’m not going to argue about if I like Raid, or even if it is greedy or not. i don’t know if Invasions will be fun or boring. I have read opinions in many directions, some against the new system and some like the changes. My concern is why dev do not let us play what we like most?
It seems they have done a lot of effort to put some new content in the game, as I said, some like it and some dislike it, but they are telling us what to play and what not to play. For the people that like Riad, how do you feel about not been able to play it again for two weeks. It is the same about people that like Guild Wars, like me, we have been putting our efforts to make our guild go up in the ladder, and frankly it takes tooooo long to come from branch 150 or above, and now we only can try to raise 1 of every 3 weeks.

Some of you will say, hey but rewards are cooler now, but the point is as I don’t want to say what do you have to play, I don’t want anybody to say that to me. I wnat to play what I want in every moment. Maybe next week, I like invasion more than I like GW, and, hey, why I cannot play it always that I want??

I’m sure the reason is that they think we can get TOO MUCH rewards if the three game modes are playable every week, but two things, first one, if Invasions need as much money/time spent as Raids then they’ll have benefits X2. Second one, many games have caps in what you can win every day or week, why not here? Of course, when this caps are logic and not another way to make this game more p2w than it is now.

3 Likes