Amanithrax compensation calculated incorrectly

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting the compensation to roughly cover what I lost due to Amanithrax bug. I received much less.

Math time.

As much as is known, Delve chests contain one of the following:

• 3 shards
  • 4 shards
  • 5 shards
  • 1 legendary ingot
  • 1 mythic ingot
  • 2k gold
  • 4k gold
  • 200 souls
  • 20 glory

Those are subject to hoard quality multipliers:

• x4 for gold
  • x2 for ingots
  • x2 for glory
  • x2 for souls

Due to the bug, a chest at x4 multiplier was missing, all other obtained chests were short a x0.25 multiplier. Together this roughly adds up to one missing chest at x6 multiplier.

Applying the above to the chest loot table gets us one of:

• 3 x 6 = 18 shards
  • 4 x 6 = 24 shards
  • 5 x 6 = 30 shards
  • 1 x 2 x 6 = 12 legendary ingots
  • 1 x 2 x 6 = 12 mythic ingots
  • 2k x 4 x 6 = 48k gold
  • 4k x 4 x 6 = 96k gold
  • 20 x 2 x 6 = 240 glory
  • 200 x 2 x 6 = 2400 souls

Dividing this by 10 (to get the lower end of missed rewards, there are actually only 9 items in the loot table), compensation for each clear should have been:

7.2 shards, 1.2 legendary ingots, 1.2 mythic ingots, 14.4k gold, 24 glory, 240 souls

What I seem to have received instead is:

10 shards, 0.5 legendary ingots, 0.25 mythic ingots, 250 gold, 5 glory, 25 souls

I’m mostly interested in gold and glory, and this doesn’t even cover a small fraction of what went missing. My assumption is that the compensation accidentally got calculated without all the bonus factors, an oversight that will hopefully be corrected in the near future. Please let me know if I need to open a Missing Rewards support ticket instead.

Personal note: This feels highly aggravating. When messing up rewards, please make sure to at least compensate properly. Yes, not everybody played full clears like me, so other players may be missing slightly less chest based rewards. However, we also received less event points for each clear, so less thorough players will likely be missing reward tiers instead. Please make this a “we botched the event, here’s what it cost you” instead of a “we botched the event, here’s another laugh at your expense”.

4 Likes

Related hypothesis:

“The people who care most about the game and have the biggest influence on community sentiment are nowhere near “the average player” in terms of resource acquisition.”

I feel like a lot of our gripes on the forums right now are related to the devs calculating rewards based on “an average player”, and players finding out they’re far more above average than they thought.

(That’s not a dismissal of your request, I think it’s a real problem the devs need to consider.)

1 Like

I guess it would even work out if they didn’t leave it up to players to figure out they are considered far more above average, guaranteed to get the short end of the straw. Sirrian used to be great at this, explaining why something had to be done and what the impact really was for each player.

I truly believe they accidentally messed up compensation here, whoever was in charge for coming up with the numbers didn’t realize that chest loot is getting multiplied by several substantial modifiers.

1 Like