All the wrongs with new UI and possible fixes

The other topic have grown too big and I wanted to give a fresh topic to my take.

1. Symmetry is for the weak and timid? It is very annoying.
  2. Did you ran out of medium sized circles? One of the most used button is the smallest.
    2a) Same as 2, why is this so big?
  3. This should be on the center and you just missed the opportunity, again, to add quick switch buttons on both side of the medals.
  4. This screenshot was created on Thursday, “Event” should be class trial.
    4/5) These buttons are redundant and just take up screen space.
  5. The inventory button is totally useless, maybe used once a month, it is just taking up screen space.
  6. Looks like the google play button was just thrown on the screen without any concept.
  7. Did you run out of bigger squares as well? Again a very frequently used button is the smallest one.
  8. Where is the glory counter and the hourly gold ratio?
  9. Have you tried to touch this with big sausage fingers? And again, the quit button from settings is used multiple times a day yet it is hidden behind a paged menu.
  10. The Krystara icon is just too big and dominates the whole screen.

Now my suggestions on how to fix this.
Create a fix square button on both side on the top of the side menus. Chat (2) into the left fix button, mail (8)into the right fix button.
Put the exalted path icon (2a) into the left side menu since it belongs there. It is a daily event like Adventure Board.
Move the medal row (3) back to the center where it was.
Remove the Resource Valet/Inventory button
Put the resource indicator (9) into the top right corner and add back the glory line.
Put the Google Play (7) button into one of the side menus, irrelevant.
Shrink the Krystara icon (11) to fit in the bottom row.
Since the side menus are scrolling the event buttons (4/5) can remain, but they are redundant. Also the event button disappears after all rewards were collected and if I want to go back I have to find the other way. This happened to me on Wednesday after pet rescue.

Some other minor problems.
This looks okay:

This looks lame:

Also on Android the Selector frame and the blue highlight can get disconnected and create confusion.

I help you, difficulty 12 is selected.

Same blue highlight is applied in chat and annoyingly colors the input field to blue. I do not have a screenshot of that.

8 Likes

Nicely done -all of these changes would be super helpful. The last example is particularly vexing in Explore - you really can’t tell which level you are selecting.

1 Like