Add trading between guild members

@ArkadeADD1CT firstly welcome to the forum. Any ideas are always welcomed but unfortunately trading will never be an option as it will inevitably lead to abuse of the system, amongst other reasons stated by other members here.

2 Likes

I think everything in their store is a ripoff…but trading will never happen.

Trading will never happen. The guy who said in next update is dreaming.

1 Like

Everything about the F2P model of games is about investing. You can invest, essentially, time and money. If people are willing to use one more than the other that’s up to them.

From my experience with F2P games, some of which had me playing for over four years until the Fire nation attacked… sorry, wrong catastrophic event… But well moving on, GoW has the fairest economy model that is permitted for any profitable company.

I’ve played some games with really messed up currencies, some really skewed pay models and those didn’t lived for half the time GoW has existed… So as much as i’m concerned we have a stable system that is incompatible with any form of trading/sharing cards or resources.

2 Likes

Well, Razzagor, you do make a compelling arguement, but I stand by “Anything is possible”. While it is a stable system, that doesn’t mean it isn’t a way to keep it stable and incorporate a new feature like trading. If anything, trading could lead to a higher amount of creatures being bought because the members who are obsessed with helping their fellow guild mates could trade
away a creature that they really didn’t need, or bought just so they could trade it. In regards to the packs, the packs are cheaper, one-time purchases that really only benefit people at lower levels, whereas the creature bundles cost more, but if allowed to trade, would give another reason to buy them again.

Personally, I prefer to earn things, as it makes the new things I get seem more significant. If I were to buy my way to something, I wouldn’t feel the sense of personal pride, as if I took the time to get it, and this goes beyond GoW, it even goes beyond the games I play. After all, you can’t buy your way out of everything, but no one’s going to stop you from trying.

WHO said anyhing about paYing money?

Razzagor literally said, “Everything about the F2P model of games is about investing. You can invest, essentially, time and money.” I was saying that I’m on more of the time (effort) side instead of the money side. Also, we talked about the potential financial problems that could or could not be caused by trading being implemented into the game, at least between me Razzagor, and Ghaleon.

The issue is that there would have very few reasons to buy a Legendary Bundle, for example, because a player could get any legendary and then proceed to trade it with a guildmate just because said guildmate could have more than two copies of a better legendary at his disposal.

Also, a player could create multiple accounts and manage to obtain some gems and keys from guild tasks, or just daily login/calendar rewards. Then he would proceed to open chests on all these accounts until he gets something good and he could create a guild and trade the better cards with his main account. That’s a process a single player could do by him/herself and if you scalate thing on groups of at least five players or even an entire guild you can imagine the kind of issues we would have.

Implementing such trading feature would require the devs to literally create this game again and it’s economy from point zero…

1 Like

I don’t think this will ever happen. Opens the door to money passing between players.

I’ll just leave this to the devs. If they do this it’s fine, otherwise oh-well.