Add events damage to the troop spell filter

It would be nice to have event damage spells under troop spells too. There are more than enough cards to justify adding Tower damage, Boss damage and Bounty hunt.

And when we’re already at that, it would be super nice to be able to have traits filter one day too. Not everyone knows every trait on every card and it just makes search for the right card easier.

1 Like

If you want to find troops that do event damage, search for the traits: Godslayer (Raid Boss), Siegebreaker (Invasion), “Bountyhunter” (Bounty). You can also search for “Boss”, though that might be a little noisy.

Trait filtering would be tough. There are currently 599 traits. Imagine trying to use a drop-down list with 599 items! Besides, the name of the trait doesn’t always tell you what it does. “Wood Ancestry” isn’t very descriptive, is it? There’s not really enough room in the UI to display a drop-down with the full ability text.

For right now our best bet is Gowdb. I’m working on a tool to make a fuzzier kind of search, but progress is slow and “search UI” is the part I’m bad at.

If you could figure out a way to present the 599 traits that’d make it easier to figure out which one you want, I’m totally open. But like you said, the name alone isn’t the best choice.

I think the 599 could be reduced pretty dramatically if there were “trait families”.

Here’s a tag for “reduces skull damage.” Here’s a group for “generates extra mana on a gem match,” and so on.

Might still be a list too long; I don’t know for sure because I don’t have the time to do this sorting. But if there were groupings like these, (reduces spell damage, inflicts a status effect, etc…) then I’d bet the list would be dramatically shorter and also useful to players.

1 Like

Yeah, I see your point. I didn’t know there were so many traits, so filtering by traits might be a little too bulky.
On the damages, however, I don’t see why we would have to specifically write those traits every time we want to find cards with specific event spells. Sometimes you need to see other cards then return to those cards and each time you have to type them manually. Happened to me the other day. Had to go in and out of the filter several times, and each time I needed bounty card, I had to type “bounty”. I admit that it’s not that big of a deal, but they have every other spell in the filter. I can’t imagine adding 3 more spells would be that difficult. Filter works fine when you type, so it should work fine when the spell is added to the filter by devs.