Add changeable teams menu to PVP

Love the new PVP thank you!

Please however work on the availability of the whole teams menu like we used to have in the old PVP so we can easily switch amongst teams.

Right now you have to change up teams manually or get a team code and paste it in, which takes way too much time. Which means you end up just playing with the same team the whole time as switching is too cumbersome, which means you have unnecessary losses that could have been avoided if you were able to just switch teams.

Thank you

12 Likes

The attack and defense teams might be too interlinked on a technical level to ensure, that a multiple choice menue does not glitch out in some way. Not quite sure, how this has been implemented.

If such a feature can be added without troubles, it sure would be welcome, but I see no issues with running one team per kingdom so far.
I still have not met anything but default defenses outside Broken Spire, and I suspect, that a lot of players simply don’t bother touching the type and kingdom restricted ones. So if you are worried about your win/loss ratio, I can recommend to go there.

1 Like

My take is that once player teams will be populated there are tons of issues.

Facing a skull team is very different to facing a web team, which is very different to facing a team that constantly submerges all its troops, which is very different from facing a team with invulnerable troops, which is very different to facing a team which loops on yellow, which is very different to facing a team that uses 2 x Lust, which is very different to a team set up to devour and on and on etc etc

A simple link to collections on the pre-battle screen would help us to jump in and copy a team code to paste back in to the PvP screen with fewer clicks.

One issue with only allowing one team per PvP kingdom is that it will mean that everyone gravitates to a kingdom meta even more quickly because they can’t be bothered to ever change their team

4 Likes

The selection in the outer kingdoms is quite restricted, so I don’t worry too much, that a specific lineup will lose its bite in a notable amount of fights. There are only so many styles, you can configure an orc setup for.

What I am curious about is whether teams remain saved indefinitely, or if the game only saves one per kingdom and checks it for the requirements.
In the latter case, if a kingdom goes out and back into rotation, everybody will be starting with a blank default defense again. Interesting thought too somehow.

Anyhow, I stand by my main advice: Don’t play Broken Spire, and you’ll enjoy the new mode a lot more.

1 Like