Add a new craftable weapon like dawnbringer that requires 5K maps to build

Actually, I think it’s rewarding? I find the game is divided in different parts:
PVP: Gold, Trophies
Explore: Arcanes, Souls
Arena: Trophies
Treasure Hunt: Gems

I spent my entire first month in the game doing nothing but treasure hunt (and farming maps with Tyri). I bought every single armor in the game with gems earned through treasure hunt. The keys were an added extra, of course. I also managed to get around 8k Glory a week through TH.

Sure, I wasn’t in a good guild (so absolutely zero task rewards) and these days, tribute gives a lot more gems than TH does. But still, I often found myself doing TH in the past to grind those last diamonds needed to open just one more VIP chest in hopes of a mythic before the week was up. Or just to unwind from PVP. It was so nice when it was still playable - and a great source of gems, both for starting players and endgame players. Not everyone can log in a million times each day to collect tribute and that means that TH might just be the main gem source next to guild tasks.

The thing is that I’m not against adding a new weapon - to get back to the topic of the thread - but 5k maps is insane and requires endless map grinding and it would also punish players who like to play TH for doing so. And no, that’s not similiar to Dawnbringer requiring a million souls. Needing souls doesn’t stop you from still doing every part of the game. Sure, your troops might not all be leveled, but you can still play PVP and explore freely even with just a single team. But if someone has to save 5k maps, that basically means that going for this weapon would stop the player from being able to play TH.

TH is the only real minigame GoW has (dungeons and arena are, after all, just battles as well) and stopping players for accessing this if they want that weapon is just bad. It might maybe be something to consider once we have more minigames to take a break from battles, but as long as we have nothing but TH, I think this is a bad idea.

1 Like