I didnt see a guild wars thread this week. My complaint is simple-forest of thorns against meta teams is quite simply stupid. This guild wars is already a terrible mode. It is beyond time you either ease restrictions on the players, or put more on the ai. At the very least-when you saddle us with a bad faction dont force us to use the weapon.
No more double or triple takshaka allowed for defenses. Or ban Chrysantherax when we can’t use it. You already have wand of stars banned. I know you can do it.
This isnt dark souls, so take the “git gud” crap somewhere else. Ive been playing for near 10 years. I know how to play the game, I have near every troop.
The issue with Guild Wars isn’t the offensive restrictions, even if that’s what sucks all the oxygen out of the commentary room.
The real issue with Guild Wars are the defensive restrictions, or their appalling lack in certain areas. Back in the “good old days”, you couldn’t set two or three of an obnoxious mythic into a room and call it a day because that cost your guild points. Now you not only can do that, but you’re borderline encouraged to do so if you play for an aggressive, high-achieving guild.
Double and triple takshaka teams vs a slow mana generation faction are not fun at all. So the real problem is dupes, its compounded when you have a bad faction against it
Adding penalties for multiple troops on defense like it was before would help this mode tremendously. Maybe even have the kingdom restrictions be two different kingdoms instead of one.
I’d say that this also isn’t the real issue. I’m okay with attacker restrictions sometimes making it far harder to win against certain defense teams. The opponent team has to cope with exactly the same challenges, so this is balanced. It even adds an extra layer of strategy, when to risk going the full path versus fighting safer battles again for less score.
In my opinion, the real issue here is blatant monetization. We were promised that Guild Wars Reforged doesn’t give any advantage to paying players. Surprise, after well over a year of constant feedback the individual rewards still lock the highly coveted shiny legendary tokens behind EITHER winning at least 18 of 20 battles OR purchasing the Guild Wars pass. Guess which group of players often can’t be encouraged to go further than gate battles, no matter how it tanks scoring, especially when the chance of losing has been configured to be exceptionally high.
By now, whenever I see some atrocious attacker restriction, I can’t help but think that the topic of the most recent management meeting must once again have been “encouraging player spendings behavior”.
I don’t even understand the design decision behind making this selectable. This is a prime candidate for automatic rotation that puts everyone on the same ground, similar to attacker restrictions.
Yet, it seems the dev team is braindead and intent on killing the game.
Its clear that they always intended GW to be a money machine, especially when you take into account the recent changes to kingdom levels and shiny levels… the design is so assbackwards and counterintuitive in so many aspects.
Edit to add, the fact that these posts never get a response is indicative of their stance.
STFU and keep spending.
Since there have been multiple fixes suggested and most if not all would take a few lines of code to implement, it is clear they don’t WANT to.
Ok I love restrictions, loved. Swords edge. Loved. Sin of maraj.
But this forest of thorns. Was not fun. The troops are naff. There’s no synergy. Like you I have all but 4 troops.
I like restrictions if there fun still. This kingdom is to green yellow based. Nearly every troop. So building a fun team isn’t possible. I won 5 0 today. Lost 3 2 yesterday. It wasn’t fun. Even the class. Archer is pants.
We need changes. But we don’t need changes. To z one colour guild wars. Because this is just as much not fun. Getting out chrys, Stella, tak, khafru, zarg. Every guild wars. Isn’t fun. So yes changes needed. But not to the easy extreme of 1 colour restrictions
But why are you focusing on just 1 area of the map.
So they could change to no more than 1 troop. Well done you can get past apothecary and Naga now.
It doesn’t change the rest of the mode tho. Unless your only concern is to beat these rooms for the full clear. That’s a bit short sighted don’t you think.
This week still wouldn’t of been fun. Even with the single troop restrictions, as forest of thorns isn’t a fun kingdom. The 3 main mythics arnt fun. Don’t do good damage. Don’t have good traits.
It’s a whole change of the attack and defence formula, that needs changing. If it’s about fun. Cos yea I won 5 0. But it was bad just mind numbing. Boredom.