About VIP level 5 (and further questions)

Yes, in that case it would also be Level 5. I just tested it here to be sure.

3 Likes

Related question: say I had a level 1 Glade Warden ascended to Mythic and I disenchanted the last one, when I collect it as a New! Troop it comes in at level 5 or 10 depending on the VIP level. Does it still have its Mythic ascension or do you have to start from the beginning common level?

@Emos: Andrew answered that above

1 Like

Is this a bug you’re planning on fixing, or will it remain this way? Not sure if I’d be willing to get rid of troops just for the boost, but I’d like to consider my options.

Or perhaps buff the VIP reward so it affects owned troops? I suspect most people have virtually all of the troops by the time they get to VIP 5 or 8.

I’m the bonehead who didn’t search the posts first. I needed green seer, and the green seer pack would bump me into VIP 5. It seemed worth it to get all my troops up to level 5, so I bought it. I discovered, as noted here, that nothing changed in my existing troops. I need about 4 epics and maybe 12 legendaries, so the odds of me making any good use out of VIP 5 are slim. Pouring salt in the wound, even the new green seer I purchased did not come in at level five.

I am pretty irked about the whole deal. The developers need to make the particulars of how VIP 5 works much more clear. Developers?

IronyMan: I fully agree with you. I thought once I got to VIP level 5, all my troops would automatically go to level 5, but only future new troops automatically go to level 5. This made me think how worthless this really is if you dont buy VIP level 5 until you have most of the troops anyways.

Although the 2 glory keys per day really helps, thanks for supporting a good game.

I also agree that this bonus sucks. You have to spend a lot of money, and for getting like 10-20 units to lv 5? This is only worth it if you go straight to VIP lv 5 as soon as you start playing, which you probably won’t, since you’ll wanna try it out.

But then again, all VIP bonus kinda suck, don’t they? At least they give you a permanent bonus that might make a difference in the long run. Being a VIP lv whatever sounds waaaaay better than it really is, so my advice would be to purchase only stuff that you want, never considering VIP bonuses.

I mostly disagree with you. At VIP 10 you get +100% Gold/Souls, +50% XP, +50% Gems for Gem purchases, 4 free Glory Keys per day, new troops start at level 10, VIP Chest access, +100 Gold/day, & Free Scouting. It adds up.

Free scouting is awesome. Free bonuses to XP/Gold/Souls are very useful. Free extra Gems from purchases is a nice thank-you for continuing to spend. VIP Chest is very cost effective. None of them are mind-blowing, sure, but they’re still very nice and all are free bonuses. The only one I have issue with is the troop starting levels since you’re likely to already have basically all of the troops. I really think this one should auto-level everything to level 5/10, not just new ones.

Good advice I wish I had heeded yesterday. That little carrot turned out to be rotten. Is this what wisdom feels like?

Do you know how much money you have to spend to be VIP level 10? Now remember that not all players earn in USD/EUR, but we all pay in USD.

I agree with free scouting. I would say the bonuses are useful, yes, but not worth it alone to raise your VIP level. VIP chests, by the way, while I still can’t access them being at lv 4, I don’t think I’ll ever purchase any because of that insanely high cost. I don’t think it’s cost-effective at all. And free extra gems, well, I’d only buy the daily gems anyway, since they’re the most cost-effective, so that bonus is totally useless to me.

So you argue it is worth spending $500 to get all those bonuses? I guess if money is no issue, any bonus is beneficial.

Most of these seem pretty mediocre to me. 50% gems for purchase–worthless, when daily gems blows any gem pack out of the water (and doesn’t receive the bonus.) Troops start at lvl 10–also worthless (I know now), because it is only new troops that are upgraded, which by VIP 8 there will be very few of you won’t have. VIP chest access: 50 gems for a random troop–I can’t see that that is better than 5 gem keys or 3 event keys. The bonuses to Gold/Souls/XP are nice, as is free scouting and free glory keys. But scouting comes in at VIP 3, and again, those great stats bonuses require the spending of FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS.

If VIP is meant to be a thank you for spending money, there needs to be a much better incentive.

No, my argument is that they’re really nice bonuses for spending money. I’m not saying you should spend because of the bonuses. Though Free scouting might be worth it.

1 Like

I was curious about how much we’d have to spend to get to VIP 10 ($500 USD? Oh-kaayyyy…).

How much do you have to spend to get to VIP3 and VIP5?

VIP3 might be my fave price point so far, for the Free Scouting.

For those of us in Canada, the $4.99 USD initial purchase magically transforms to 8 bucks CDN after tax and currency exchange. Grrrrrrrrrrr

@Theicla, Shimrra posted about this some time back I remember. Well he and Zelfore .Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Best way for lower level players to grow post-1.0.8 - #12 by Shimrra

1 Like

As @Theicla says the exchange from USD to CDND is painful. I think that post @Macawi listed shows that to get to VIP 10 it will cost $790 USD. I spent about $1000 CDND to get there. And have spent another couple hundred since.

This game is my only habit. :wink:

2 Likes

GoW promotes my other bad habits :wink:

1 Like

Oh and what are those?

Caffeine and nicotine

3 Likes

Right there with you, @zachraziel.

1 Like