Ability to Send Invitations to Players in other Guilds

I’d like for us to be able to receive invitations to guilds and to send invitations to prospective recruits despite being in a guild at the time.

The invitations could be received or sent and sit in the mailbox for 24-36 hours until we accept or reject the invite. The inviting guild would have a spot “frozen” to keep that place open. Once the prospective recruit accepts the invitation, he or she is immediately knocked out of his or her current guild and enters the new. If the invitation is rejected, the spot unfreezes. If ignored for that 24-36 hours passes, the spot unfreezes too.

The way things are now, the guild opening can be filled in the time it takes the prospect to leave his or her guild. If you could devise a method to try work this out, I think we might see less (not eradicate the behavior entirely, of course) of the in-and-out memberships due to people not wanting to be without a guild until the one guild they want has an available slot.

2 Likes

[quote=“PlayerDaniels, post:1, topic:11576, full:true”]
The inviting guild would have a spot “frozen” to keep that place open.[/quote]

The idea is nice but freezing a recruitment for 24-36 hours is much too long.

2 Likes

May luck be ever in your favour, because to be fair i see this as an amazing sniping tool.

[quote=“Aelthwyn, post:2, topic:11576, full:true”]

The amount of time is negotiable. Just gave a number to account for some more relaxed guilds whose members play 2-3 times a day and to respect geographic time differences. Perhaps guilds can choose from 3-4 set wait times. Just give players at least a reasonable time to respond.

Just say no to making guild poaching easier

2 Likes

You can easily prevent players leaving by making other Guilds the worse option.

1 Like

Id imagine it is difficult to change a guilds gold input substantiallly… without changing members. This would help that changeover process. And people have the right to move on if they find another guild. ‘Poaching’ is a dirty word though - the guild master should probably get a message saying what guild has come headhunting his man

2 Likes

Poaching implies against their will. The only will it’s against is the GMs.

You don’t get to claim good players, they can go if they wish.

2 Likes

Only poaching I will be doing is for my eggs in the morning.

Exactly, but as an act of courtesy the guild leader should get a message stating where his troops have gone… in my opinion

As a long-time gamer who has run Guilds in every online game I’ve played, there’s nothing you can do or say to keep a player who wants to leave.

Just let them go and work on improving your own Guild, something you actually have control over

2 Likes

Not arguing that or suggesting they should have the right to say no; just a simple heads up message

Fine. The wait period could give guild leaders time to offer incentives for players to stay. The wait period could also give the person invited time to negotiate a better deal with his/her current employer, uh, guild leader.[quote=“TaliaParks, post:8, topic:11576, full:true”]
Poaching implies against their will. The only will it’s against is the GMs.

You don’t get to claim good players, they can go if they wish.
[/quote] So true. This is a game. If players aren’t enjoying being in their guild and feel obliged to stay, they may quit the game. No one wins. If someone can “steal” one player from another guild then isn’t it the responsibility of the guild leader to make his or her guild too good to leave?

How did this topic become about poaching? Having a player leave a guild and be guildless for a time seems to me more likely to result in vulnerability to high-pressure recruitment practises.

1 Like

As a GM, I’d much rather dev time be spent on giving us options for differentiation beyond donation and trophy requirements.

Not to mention every player in the top 100 would probably get sick of getting invitation spammed every time a guild had an open spot, which would necessitate the creation of an ‘invite ignore’ option which every player worth recruiting would inevitably leave on, resulting in the same amount of coordination between guild leader and willing recruit required that we currently have.

4 Likes

I find this statement pretty curious. What sort of incentives do you believe GMs within GoW could offer players to stay?

As for the feature request, I hope the devs don’t switch to such an option. If a player wants to leave a guild and join another, it isn’t hard to do. Most importantly, I could quickly see it leading to annoyance. I know I wouldn’t want unsolicited guild invites in my inbox.

2 Likes

Right now, nothing tangible. Maybe the Guild Update will change that

If someone tells me they’re sending me candy, I’m in. Sorry, but I’m O-U-T. My favorites are Lindor chocolates. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Fair enough. I didn’t realize the devs discussed giving GMs the ability to give specific players resources.

I didn’t say that they were. They tell me absolutely nothing they don’t already say to everyone else.

I was just wishfully thinking it may be addressed. My money is on no, that system can and WOULD be abused

That’s pretty much a guarantee.

I just wish the guild preview would come out already. There is so much uncertainty swirling around the possible changes.

2 Likes

Just be happy you aren’t getting 60+ Troops in a 12-week span. I have a feeling Consoles are getting the shaft one way or another with this.

2 Likes