A team to combat Skull magic characters?

I have had the most luck with Goblin teams against them (which isn’t much). But still then mana matches and skulls generally have to fall just right for me to have any success. The skull teams that use Glade Warden (with all 3 traits) for instance in slot one makes it extremely difficult to handle. If they use Green Slime or a weapon like Sheggra’s Heart then it makes it even harder. At that point it’s almost a no-win situation. One reason that I made this thread was to get others’ opinions for a team to combat them. Players with much more experience than me.

I’ve tried Sylvasi and Gloom Leaf. Both are just too slow for too little affect. The fact you can’t steal attack from entangled troops kills these too.

I have considered giving the warhound a try, because of the meta. I don’t think it’s worth leveling him, because even at his top level it’s a reduction of 4. I think 7 at mythic? Even if it’s 7, that’s not going to handle trueshot/skull generation, since they are so fast.

Part of the issue is the way the Mythic ascension system worked. If a troop like warhound would have gained more magic, and say empowered, then we’d be cursing it. Imagine it giving a first turn attack reduction of 15 or something silly.

I fight these teams with my almost fully traited goblin team. With all kingdoms completed I
beat those pesky true/dragon line ups fairly often. Please note I do not use my goblin
team for defense and love it when I face such a goblin team as I get to use my chomper
lineup for a easy win :slight_smile:

I replaced my Goblin Shaman with Goblin Rocket in my line-up and it seems to help against the dragons. I put Goblin Rocket on top since he has the trait ‘Burn enemies when doing skull damage’. But I had to sacrifice 2 attack pts per character by removing Goblin Shaman.We’ll see how it goes against them.

My goblin lineup is Goblin,Goblin Shaman,Boar Rider and Hobgoblin. I go this way to give me
easy early 9pt damage when needed for a finish plus with both the Goblin and the Shaman
1st and 2nd it protects the boar rider longer which is the guy that if used right is going to
win you the most fights.

Good idea I never thought using Star Gazer…

Esslee I decided to try your Stargazer build and boy does it work! I only use it if faced with another true shot team, especially on revenge. It feels good to give them a dose of their own medicine and then some.

Yay - I feel a Star Gazer appreciation thread coming on :heart_eyes:

That team is good if you don’t need souls. Think that’s why glade warden/valkyrie/sheggra’s heart/sheggra is so popular atm → strong & gives 70 souls on ‘Hard’ with Dragon Armour (so still get full gold benefit).

Any line-up that you’ve found works well with both star gazer & valkyrie?

@Macawi
You got me thinking …hence (!)
This team is remarkably strong against the dragons/skellies. Works against true shot too. I’m having fun with this and it is a relief to use a different (winning) line up against them. Here’s start (couple of turns in) and end grabs…

Treant (stoneskin trait helps) ultra rare
Green Seer epic
Warhound rare
Rowanne epic

Get Green Seer going asap then pump up Treant whenever possible. Warhound the enemy when appropriate - but not when they’re entangled as I dont think it will count. Dont worry about firing off Rowanne until he is naturally filled near the end.

Oh btw the bonuses are +2 life, +2 armor, +1 attack for three unique Forest of Thorns, and +1 magic for three unique Fey troops.

esslee
Wow, you really slaughtered that team with that line-up. I’m sure that others will appreciate your knowledge and taking the time to experiment. It will be of great help to those that are trying to figure out how to combat these dragon/true shot teams.
P.S. I cannot lie, it brought a smile to my face to see that poor Sheggra entangled :smiling_imp:

I had a fun Divine Team with her, but True Shot ignores the armor.

Sacred Guardian
Priestess
Paladin
Star Gazer

Sacred Guardian / Priestess can soak a ton of damage with the armor buffs. Paladin can charge over time, then nuke away.

True shot, however, makes the armor theories on divine troops useless.

Luther dead really fast if u meet a skeleton team with the first trait.

I invade using a low-rarity team inspired by a guide here on this site. Goblin Rocket - A Guide for Invading

Pridelands banner (+2 red)
Boar Rider
Alchemist (2 traits) (+1 red)
Goblin Rocket (1 trait) (+1 red)
Goblin Rocket (1 trait) (+1 red)

Once I get 10 red for Alchemist it’s usually infinite turns, unless I make a mistake, or get really unlucky with few yellows.
Sure, I’m pretty low level, so I haven’t met these crazy defences, but I can’t imagine losing to anything with this team. Plus! It’s fun and challenging to play :smiley:

Stone Giant does well against Sheggra, since he has stoneskin and removes red gems. Knight Coronet does well against all of the other skull generators, since he also has stoneskin and removes purple gems. Treant also has stoneskin and removes browns, if for some reason the enemy focuses on brown generation with KoS or Bone Dragon. All being ultra rares, none are too costly to max.

yes i’ve noticed now when played it against higher level players and ascended cards have had less of an effect with use. Kinda makes me sad lol its pretty much the team I’ve used to climb 200 levels.

Why not make a skull team? No teams is currently faster, and what I mean with that is gaining most gold possible f.example in a hour.

1 Like

Because not everyone has anything other than Skeleton to use. Dragons and true shot teams have taken over the game. From other posts that I have read people are getting pretty tired of constantly being matched against them. This in itself suggests that there is a problem with this current format of the game. The game is very fun to play when we are given teams with a variety of line-ups, but when they’re mostly the same…not so much. For example; As of now I have three revenge matches available
Team 1:
Skeleton/ Mythic/3 traits
Skeleton/ Mythic/ 3T
Green Slime/ 1T
Bone Dragon/ 1T

Team2:
Glade Warden/Legendary/3T
Valkyrie/ Legendary/3T
Hero/ Sheggrs’a Heart
Sheggra/ 0T

Team3:
Glade Warden/ Mythic/ 3T
Glade Warden/ Mythic/ 3T
Skeleton/ Mythic/3T
Green Slime/ Epic/2T

It’s basically like this day after day after day. Hopefully something will change soon.

1 Like

My all-time most powerfull player played team is :
+2 Yellow banner
Alchemist (Fire Link Trait)
Hero Weapon : Eternal Flame
Goblin Rocket (Fire Link Trait)

That’s a 3 man team. Have a 4th card take the first slot to tank. Not necessarily something that combo with it, but definitely not something that will use the red / yellow mana (and preferably no brown either) nor someting that would end your combo.

You can go with something like

• Sphinx (more board control)
  • Boar Rider (board control + damage)
  • Glade Warden (fighting fire with fire, you’ll sometimes have cascade skulls or 4/5 free matches)
  • Skeleton (wouldn’t advise it though, skulls prevents you from comboing)

With this team (I currently use Boar Rider ro first spot) I can invade on Warlord 4 (needs a bit of luck and to be focused though : it runs easily on 3 troops, but if the AI has some lucky skull drops before you can start looping, you won’t be able to run it when lowered to 2 troops. The focusing part is when you use Goblin Rocket to set up for the other’s spell, or to cascade skull, or to prepare a 5 gem matches, deending on what you need / what is available on the board).

This deck is complete trash when played by an AI though.

I know not everyone will have these troops, but my counter for the true shot/undead teams is

Centaur Scout - to tank while the others mana up
Crimson Bat - true damage not dependent on skulls
Soothsayer - to power up the true damage dealers
Hero/Crescendo - true damage ignoring skulls

This has the advantage of dealing almost as much damage as a real true shot team, but is not dependent on skull generation and also skirts the current agile glitch. I only use it for invasions, not defense.