A small clarification about Guilds in 2.1 (in the future)

Wait, how is it “unfair” again?

It is unfair if a player or guild has advance information, that is not available to others in a public forum, which enables it to get an advantage over other guilds.

For example, MM seem to have commenced stockpiling tokens based on a private message from a developer to a player, which indicated a change in the mechanics of how tokens are used when an upcoming update occurs.

If on the other hand, the new mechanic were announced publicly, and a guild came up with a way to try and take best advantage of the changes, then this is completely fair and all kudos to that guild.

But in all fairness wouldn’t that be the Developer in question’s fault instead of the guild? I mean if he/she hadn’t of told them that then there would have never been any “insider information” gained.

You are correct. That’s why I applaud the developer for initiating this thread & ensuring that no parties are advantaged/disadvantaged by that message.

In most financial markets however, both the party who leaked the information and the party that acted on that information (for advantage) would be prosecuted/investigated. Usually, those that seek to gain advantage from the information are the ones more heavily punished.

If the information was given accidentally, the individual receiving the information is faced with a moral dilemma, but still has the opportunity not to act on the information (as it provides an unfair advantage).

1 Like

You are kinda wrong good Sir, with our better guild organization and communication we were already stoking the tokens, we asked them if we could go over 999 as it was a problem with keys back in time, which was the reason for us to ask.

1 Like

And… Even if it is was true, we had the iniciative to ask, you can’t say it is unfair because other incompetent guilds can’t have the same amount of organization…

1 Like

This isn’t about organization. It’s about taking advantage of non-public information, just as @Namour said. Given your holier than thou attitude towards Anonymous, I’d say you need to rethink your position.

2 Likes

What does “Given your holier than thou attitude towards Anonymous” even mean?

While I don’t really care what you two say, I can’t let you talk bad about the guild when, unlike, some other “people”, I can actually prove we haven’t do anything wrong.

One of our members had the idea to start saving tokens for the future guild changes (Which have been announced several times on the forums.) We decided to start the movement of saving tokens, as you can see on the next image, we did it under the mentality of “the worst thing that could happen is that we end up using them when the rework happen if they don’t get any buff (It’s not like we are really using those “extra” masteries.)”

As in MM we do complete a lot of task daily, we did more than 300 Tokens on the first 6 or 8 hours, which let us to know we would be hitting 999 very fast, don’t know if you guys were playing during this time, but few patches ago, there was a cap for 999 Keys and we didn’t want to loose any Tokens as only 3 people had the privilage to spend them and of course look for more information which we didn’t get actually a “negative” reply.

Therefore one of or members proceed to PM Sirrian in order to get insight on this topic which as you can see on the following screenshot was more than a day after we started saving them that we got the reply from Mr. Sirrian.

After this, is when Mr. Sirrian decided to make public all on this post (4 days ago.) Which well… Don’t really care as the strat wouldn’t have work anyway. Which makes this post more useful for all of you who didn’t even thought about it, than us as we would have save a huge stack of tokens probably of 5 digits of unexpended tokens on masteries.

By the way, you can check dates on the pictures and if this all doesn’t have anything to do with “organization”, then I wouldn’t know what.

TL;DR: We were willing to take advantage on other guilds, yes of course we would, information and organization are very powerful, it would be unfair…? Not even close.

We are not cheaters unlike others. #SorryNotSorry

1 Like

Hey everyone let’s stop where this is going before it gets acrimonious please…

Just closing this down as everyone has said their piece, and I don’t think we’re going anywhere healthy here!

As for where this all originated - I have to accept part of the blame. I converse with MANY players every day in PMs, and I do try not to share any unnecessary or privileged information with people who aren’t working on the game with us. It’s inevitable that I’ll occasionally misspeak and inadvertently give a hint or two away. That’s not going to stop us chatting about the game with you all, but we will try and be a bit more careful in future how we word things.

And if there is any impact we’ll always attempt make the information public, as we’ve done here.

12 Likes