A question about guild chests

There has been a discussion within MM about guild chests…

I always thought that guild chests were equivalent to glory chests at 20k and gem chests at 40k (assuming you have the guardians done)

Am i right to think that the drop rate for mythics is better at 40k than 20k or is it the same and the difference is in the lower rarities?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Vangor

4 Likes

Guild Chest 5 is like 0.5 of a glory key and Guild Chest 6 is like 0.5 a gem chest.

Half the drops of all guild chests are guild troops.

The other half is essentially identical to that of the keys.

This means it would take around 20,000 Guild Chest 5 or 2,000 Guild Chest 6 to get a mythic, double the amount than a glory/gem key.

4 Likes

Until you have all the Guild Guardians at 4 copies and mythic when they become exactly like a Glory Chest or Gem Chest.

6 Likes

Has there ever been confirmation from a developer that guild chests get the 4x/10x bonus to legendary/mythic troops that gem chests get? People keep saying it, but nobody has ever linked me to a dev quote when I call them on it.

4 Likes

40k seals chest is 0.108% per chest to get a Mythic and gems chest is 0.096% per chest, so seals chest is actually slightly better.
Taran’s website has the drop rates, you can check and compare glory chests & 20k chests there. http://www.taransworld.com/Chest/

6 Likes

In the initial preview video, Sirrian made a comment that 20K guild chests were “like” glory chests and 40K guild chests were “like” gem chests (with the exception of guild guardians, of course). So, that’s why people keep making that comparison.

As for the OP question about mythics…
This is anecdotal obviously, but I have gotten over half my mythics from 40K guild chests (without guardians in it). Scorpius just dropped for me after using 3,000 guild seals.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I used 1600 seals last night on 40k chests and didnt even get a single legendary…

Vangor is a sad gorilla

1 Like

Used 4000 guild seals to get Scorpius last night…:slight_smile:

Thanks for opening this topic @Vangor.

1 Like

Sorry, to hear that. That’s some horrible RNG. :confounded:

2 Likes

One of the quimby guys got three scorpius from our maxed guild chests today.

Took me 10,000 seals but at least he dropped, a little bit unhappy after 100 VIP and nothing. Almost ran dry this week.

2 Likes

Isn’t 1600 seals only 80 guild chests? Unless he maybe meant 1600 guild chests? That would be really horrible if the latter.

Lol no i meant 1600 seals and yes thats 80 chests so no surprise i didnt get the mythic but to net even get a legendary is bleeeeechhh lol

2 Likes

It’s the no legendary part I found bad luck, not the no mythic part. :rofl:

2 Likes