A New Mythic Approaches - The Wild Queen

Seriously plz STOP!!!

That mythic is far from being good anyway.

2 Likes

Yeah I think that is what makes it worse. I don’t even really want it to use it I want it so I don’t fall even further behind in collecting all the troops i was down to 6 troops left now I’m back at 8 :frowning:

I don’t see evidence of a big player consensus vs. a pity timer. I see a handful of devs talking about how they want things to stay rare. I see a scant few players giving opinions. I see a couple of essays written that represent a player squabble.

Really the strongest argument against the pity timer as written by Ozball. I like Ozball and respect his opinions, but he’s not “a player” so I can’t count him in that spot. Still, times have changed since his post. Here’s the strongest argument he made that I do have to respect:

A minor side effect to this would be that people would probably stop using gems outside of Mythic exclusive weeks, and just save for the sure thing that they will get a mythic they don’t have then, rather than blowing them in a normal week and risk getting a mythic they already have. While this is minor, I feel the devs would prefer that currency is being used in a mostly constant and consistent fashion.

That was definitely true last May, and was more true after Soulforge released. In that environment, I think it’s true a pity timer would motivate players who are mostly happy with the mythics they have to hoard gems for mythic weeks and muck up the dynamic of “when suckers players buy gems”.

But now that raids/invasions/bounties drain 800-1,000 gems from competitive players 2 out of every 3 weeks, I think the world has changed. Hoarding gems in large amounts is a lot harder than it used to be if you’re in a guild that’s asking you to participate meaningfully in a raid/invasion.

I mean, I’m comfortable with the way it is right now, but every single thread about mythics or legendaries is 45% “this is how many keys I spent and I got nothing”, 44% “this is how many keys I spent and I got one” and barely 1% “This is what I think about the troop”. That kind of stinks. I think we’d be less excited to do the numbers report and far less disappointed if we all knew spending some number of keys would guarantee the whatever it is.

My trip report: 1,000 guild seals. Pulled 2 The Wild Queen. I had a magnificently lucky weekend. Fight me.

3 Likes

I’d like a pity timer I do hoard all my resources for the mythic weeks and it seems every 3rd or 4th month I get completely wiped out and get nothing it is a terrible system for end game players just missing a few troops like myself. Out of all of the thousands and thousands of keys I was only able to “ascend” 3 troops as well which just adds to the misery. I had 33 troops still at “legendary” and 2 at “epic” I could have gotten from all those keys many of them just needing a single copy to ascend and I had gotten just “3” of the 33 had I gotten a larger % of those missing troops that might have lessened the sting somewhat :frowning:

1 Like

Well exept @turintuor and me i don’t see anyone who was in favor of the pity timer. Everyone is so selfish, until they get what they want but when the bad luck happen to them, now it’s different…

1 Like

That’s only because you are only considering that specific thread. It was more about people realizing that the devs were obviously not going to add a pity timer when they had already decided to go for the soul forge option.

Before soul forge was ever mentioned, many people in the community were pro pity timers. You can see that in this older thread:

There were 24 likes on that post. I even posted a celebration gif. :rofl:

5 Likes

You might want to use the search function for “pity timer” or similar, and find multiple discussions with many people in favor of it.

Edit: Asha beat me to it.

1 Like

Yeah it may have looked like I was picking on you but I’m going to be in your boat soon.

You had roughly a 3 in 4 chance of “winning” when you took your “good” gambles. That’s why every 3rd or 4th month it feels like you wipe out. I think it’s likely the devs have cleverly tuned gem/key incomes that this is more or less the case for a player performing well and operating F2P.

I think the argument goes, “Do we keep dangling carrots in front of players?” or “Do we let players reach ‘the end’?” Lots of philosophical approaches to take. For me, at least, being at the end is fun. When I get frustrated and quit games is when I’m almost at the end, after a year of effort, then suddenly “the end” moves very far away and the people who got there before me get to reach the new end much faster than me because I wasn’t quite there.

Sound familiar?

1 Like

yeah exactly it was BEFORE soulforge then everyone said we don’t need it cause soulforge was the pity timer

What thread was that in?

It’s not really possible to reach the end in this game except for a few days with the constant release of new troops but it’s the fact I’m in a very good guild that maxes out resources and I’m also a very well paying player (on my way to VIP 12) that I get very frustrated that I keep falling behind instead of catching up. If I can’t do it what hope does a new free to play or spending very little player ever have - I’d just tell someone starting out to not even bother starting if their end goal was to a have complete collection at this point I’d say it’s utterly impossible unless you are willing to spend into the multiple thousands of dollars.
Cheers

it start there and you can keep reading the thread

there was another thread but not sure witch one it was, stonehammer or wulfy mythic release (console)

With that title, no wonder i missed that thread…well that and some forum inactivity :stuck_out_tongue:
Honestly though while some people disagree i still see several posts in several threads speaking for a pity timer.
Crafting clearly didn’t solve a lot with it being as random as anything else in the game(yeah i know they recently introduced some sort of rotation, regardless crafting was introduced completely random) and the fact that you need certain resources in a certain one week timeframe to get specific troops, or wait months again, so i would still be up for a pity timer just to be clear.

Player base needs to be careful what they wish for.

A pity timer would have to come with a nerf to frequency of mythic in the drop pool.

Just using gem keys I might go
200 for a mythic
400 for a mythic
200 for a mythic
3200 for a mythic

The 3200 gem keys for a mythic may seem absurd and expensive but across 4 months I am right on 1 mythic per 1000 keys

If a pity timer kicked in at 2000 gem keys… then the devs would need to get at least 1200 gem keys back from somewhere. Ie increase frequency in drop pool to 1 in 2000…

This will mean less mythics for everyone

2 Likes

I got her on the third and final try. Guild seals at 20k while still exclusive.
Whew.

Just to note, the question that I asked a year ago was also a year after @Nimhain mentioned the pity timer. I never did get a reply :wink:

Each month, I would spend my total (or close to it) of Gems and Keys to obtain the newly released Mythic. Now, after four months straight of doing exactly the same thing, I’m zero from four. So yes, I would still be a fan of introducing a pity timer in.

2 Likes

This card is so bad i didn’t remember her, until i saw her on explore and i was ohhhh unrealesed troop!

She’s really not that terrible - she’s just unpredictable (fittingly).

And still bone dragon is better, and nobody uses him anymore :confused:

War
Green Seer
The Wild Queen
Queen Aurora
Summer banner

Not the most accessible deck for new players, but a lot of fun to play.

1 Like