A New Mythic Approaches – Salamandria

Originally published at: A New Mythic Approaches – Salamandria – Gems of War

New Mythic Troop: Salamandria Salamandria will be the only Mythic Troop available in Glory, Gem, Guild & VIP Chests for the next 7 days.

1 Like

Which class?

Salamandria is like a fixed version of Flames of Anu with a secondary effect after it casts (sometimes). Instead of Faerie Fire, it already has 1.5 magic damage… only this time True Damage.

I guess at that point, that’s all I could really ask for in Mythics (been asking for years), a spell with a secondary effect.

This troop is tricky to evaluate. When you’re winning and getting the 4/5 matches for extra burning gems, it feels great. When you’ve run dry and the board isn’t cooperating, this troop stalls hard.

I can see myself using this over Infernus during Broken Spire weeks and I’m about 50/50 with this and Amarok during those BS event weeks. I might be able to use this for something, and that’s promising.

1 Like

that video above is using Titan hero class

2 Likes

Thanks! How is their first Salamandria starting out with 12 mana?

probably because they started recording the match in-progress. Wand is already full mana by the start of the video.

1 Like

Yeah, I think you are right.

You missed an extra turn here. Could have swapped the cursed rune with the skull, and the two purple would have fallen down into a + shaped purple extra turn.

We’re posting these types of things as puzzles in our discord so I hope you don’t mind me pointing that out. Took me a long time to see those, and the really hidden ones I still often don’t see.

Thanks for sharing. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t see it and, you watched the video looking for that? I don’t mind, I was looking for cascades that sometimes that trait generates. Using 2x Salamandria and Maraji Queen along with elementalist seems a good team with the wand, hero first.

I used a Cinderhand Goblin in 2nd slot, instead of a third mythic, as I can guarantee a bunch of flaming gems before a Salamandria cast, and he’ll get refilled off of that cast. Was able to win a few PvP matches in one turn

1 Like

Yeah, I find 3 Salamandria doesn’t work very well. I think 2 Salamanadria is the sweet spot, since even if some burning gems get matched off in creation, there will still be some left to explode.

1 Like

Yet to try mine. It just doesnt look too fun on paper.

Fire Spirit + this Mythic works decently

No, I didn’t watch it looking for that. It’s just already so ingrained in my mind zht I instantly saw it which made me kind of happy. So I thought I’d share to help because I learned it from the puzzles others created. It’s super helpful and fun.

Not sure if you’re into GWs but it helps with that as well.

Didn’t mean to offend you, it’s not a problem if you’re not out looking for those hidden ETs. In explore etc it doesn’t matter at all.

Again, thanks for sharing the triple Salamandria play. That was the actual point of the video, I know. :slightly_smiling_face:

Charred blade was my first idea, and crisp also went for that in his video.

Charred blade with slayer class, 2x Salamandria, Leprechaun is net too bad.

Cinderhand sounds like something to try as well. :thinking:

Just what we need another worthless mythic

I liked Cinderhand better than other troops because of the innate extra turn as a goblin. Where normally when using another troop that creates any kind of gem, I’m hoping for a lucky 4 match to get an extra turn, with this mythic we don’t actually want any matches made, we want as many of the created gems left over on the board as possible, and having the guaranteed extra turn means I can very easily have 5+ gems on the board when I cast the mythic, and not be worried about leaving a 4+ for the enemy team to remove my desired gems before casting. It was very common to have 8-9 gems on the board when I used Cinderhand before a Salamandria cast, which makes more of the board explode, leading to more casts.

Yep, he’s a good match.

The blade also works in it’s own way so I used both in a team. It’s not too bad. :slightly_smiling_face: