A New Mythic Approaches - Obsidius

It looks like my damage numbers did get changed, right before release. Obsidius previously dealt [Magic + 4] damage, had 9 base Magic, and had a 20% chance to deal light splash damage. Obsidius now deals [Magic + 8] damage, has 13 base Magic, and has a 50% chance to deal its light splash damage.

This is a great change; previously, Obsidius’ damage was drastically lower than Infernus, mainly due to the base damage (Infernus deals [Magic + 10] as a base) and the low chance of splash.

Time for math again! Assuming you have all the Magic kingdom bonuses, Infernus deals

(13 + 12) = 25 base Magic
Splash: (25 + 10) = 35 base + 18 or 36 to adjacent
Expected Damage: Splash + Splash = 70 to one target, 106-142 total

Obsidius deals

(13 + 13) = 26 base Magic
Heavy Splash: (26 + 8) = 34 base + 24 or 48 adjacent
Light Splash: (26 + 8) = 34 base + 9 or 18 adjacent
Heavy Only = 34 to one target, 58-82 total
Heavy + Light = 68 to one target, 101-134 total
Expected Damage: Heavy + 0.5 x Light = 51 to one target, 69-95 total

Again, still lower than Infernus, but he’s less than a skull poke off of Infernus on average now, and if the second splash hits they’re almost indisinguishable.

I wonder how this new troop is going to perform. I’d cite the lack of Divine synergy as a weakness, but the upcoming faction’s legendary means Elementals aren’t too bad either.

P.S. It only took me 2000 seals to get mine. Guess it’s compensation for not pulling Queen of Sin at all last month?

1 Like