A New Mythic Approaches - Mambasira

If it helps, I did miss out on Lord of Slaughter and Amorak. The amount of resources I used while hunting for all three is still less than 42k seals and 755 gem keys.

I hate the streaky Rng as well.

1 Like

Bro, you might wanna buy a few lottery tickets. If you happen to win I wouldnā€™t mind a hemi 426 crate engineā€¦ just throwing that out thereā€¦

1 Like

It finally dawned on me that Mambasira is the last ā€œAll (color) Allies gain 1 to all Stats at the start of each turn.ā€ and I find it the worst of the 5 troops by a large margin (not counting yellow, as its a hero) to use for its 3rd trait.

Champion of Anu: 3 effects (silence, stun, drain all mana). Damage output.
Trait: Aegis (Reduce damage from Skulls by 60%)

Champion of Gaard: Creates armor with conditional effect to gain more armor. Creates a mix
Traits: Spellblock (Reduce damage from Spells by 50%), Aegis

Scorpius: Damage output. Conditional effect with big upsides.
Trait: Impervious

Will of Nysha: Debuff. Damage output that directly benefits from Debuff.
Trait: Spellblock

Mambasira: Damage
Trait: Spell Armor (Reduce damage from Spells by 25%)

So in the Spell and Trait perspective on paper, its just weaker.

What Iā€™d like to see:

1a. Low end damage: half magic ā†’ magic
or
1b. turn it from damage to true damage
2. A secondary effect of any kind.
3. Spell Armor ā†’ Spell Block

8 Likes

Completely agree, true damage (even if the top end was reduced a bit) would make a hell of a lot more sense since she would naturally combo with Euryali and Marilith as green true damage Naga. I guess they didnā€™t have time to think it through for five seconds while designing her thoughā€¦ or heaven forbid ask someone that actually understands the game to look at it before release. Sighā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to be taking the 376 out of my Challenger and putting in a 392. I was going to do work on the 376, but I got a great deal on a built 392. $18,775, dynoā€™d @ 976hp/887torque.

Canā€™t wait to get it here and started. After years of building other peoples cars, I get to live my dream.

Yeah Iā€™m more of a classic guy: 1969 Road Runner and a 1971 Corvette. Iā€™m more of a Muscle Car guy but Iā€™ve always had a soft spot for Corvettes

1 Like

Mambasira seems more like a ā€œLegendary+ā€ kinda troop to meā€¦ 6 X 33 (max) works out to 49.5 damage per unitā€¦ Which is really quite sadā€¦
I still like the hungry Amarok in comparison. Hope to be buffs for Mambasira in future.

2 VIP keys got me one. Then I accidentally opened more chests and got 2 more.

Wowā€¦ Why is it that I donā€™t felt that joy in you postā€¦? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Iā€™ve got to disagree - maybe in a vacuum Mambasira looks worse than Will of Nysha. But compare their damages (without factoring the +1 magic/turn they both get):

Mambasira: 6*(.875*m+2) = 5.25m+12 on average, zero damage wasted regardless of number of enemies

Will of Nysha: 4*(m+1+12) = 4m+52, significant diminishing returns depending on number of enemies due to wasted damage/reduced boost from the spell.

If its magic is greater than 32, Mambasira does more damage than Will of Nysha outright. (And lets not make too much of WoNā€™s magic steal, it sucks.)

None of this considers that an optimal Mambasira team is going to include Treachery, whoā€™s going to boost Mambasiraā€™s magic much more effectively than Will of Nyshaā€™s stealing magic on cast.

(That said Mambasira could really use any of the buffs you suggested, itā€™s still a boring troop. And/or drop its mana cost to 20.)

-3 magic on every enemy is a bit trivial, but +12 aoe damage is a decent addition. The magic gained every cast adds up very quickly, especially if you can cast it every other turn.

More importantly though, Will of Nysha hits everyone consistently, where as Mambasira just hits random targets, meaning you might not even hit the target you really need to hit. Stealthy troops, for one. Treachery isnā€™t always available to be paired with Mambasira as well.

Most importantly, Will of Nysha leaves a lasting effect after the cast where as Mambasira is just damage, which can be erased away with a life/armor gain spell.

I would not use Mambasira over Will of Nysha in most situations as an anchor.

2 Likes

Youā€™re only looking at it from the perspective of 4 enemy troops though. Once enemy troops start dying, Mambasira becomes better and better. Would you rather hit the last enemy troop once with Will of Nysha or 6 times with Mambasira?

2 Likes

Will of Nysha, as she probably finished off the rest of the team already.

Third trait aside, Mambasira is strictly worse than heavy damage mythics like Tina or Ketras. There are plenty of win more troops that are way better. Outside of a passive buff, there is nothing great about her. Will of Nysha has better early game use with the magic steal. Late game it isnā€™t as useful due to high stats and quicker matches, but it is still good.

A recent example of a good win more is Amarok. The spell is rng reliant, but either keeps winning momentum or can be a hail mary out of a bind. Mambarisa might seem good with a full team against one troop left, but it is not a good one to be left with in a 1v4.

Mambarisa is the most bland mythic, even just being a second head on a Marilith. The spell lacks any status effects, board control, good damage scaling, or even true damage. If I wanted rng, there are a bunch of mythics and legendaries well worth the risk.

5 Likes

Unfortunately we are comparing 2 dire mythics here, in my opinion. There are better legendaries out there to use. Shame really.