A New Mythic Approaches – Ghost King Grimhorn

Originally published at: A New Mythic Approaches – Ghost King Grimhorn – Gems of War

New Mythic Troop: Ghost King Grimhorn Ghost King Grimhorn will be the only Mythic Troop available in Glory, Gem, Guild & VIP Chests for the next 7 days.

2 Likes

You buy one you get one free.

4 Likes

mehhh Mythic…

1 Like

I really think that they missed an opportunity to make Ghost King Grimhorn the inverse of Lord of Slaughter (brown, purple, yellow) to give us more options for skull damage. True damage and converting yellow gems to doom skulls (yeah, like we don’t have enough of that already) is powerful, but it feels clunky.

I would remove the true damage, slightly change one of his traits and give his big brother in the wild plains some help. Here’s how I would make this troop make a more lasting impression:

Ghost King Grimhorn undead/dwarf

Trait 1: Undead bond- Allied dwarfs gain 2 life.
Trait 2: Fortitude- Immune to stun, poison, disease, death mark, lycanthropy and devour.
Trait 3: Eternal Doom- Conjure a doom storm when matching 4 or more gems.

Ballad of Doom: 26 :brown_circle::purple_circle::yellow_circle: brown/purple/yellow
Create 6 blue gems. Then convert all blue gems to doom skulls. If an enemy dies, stun and freeze the last 2 enemies.

I just like The Lord of Slaughter a lot and think that this would encourage more players to try skulls instead of using spell damage all of the time. I have messed around with him, and he just feels like an upgraded King Bloodhammer. The true damage is strong but you’re left wondering how to create yellow gems for his doom skulls. The doom storm also doesn’t provide as many skulls as the bone storm from Scylla, so he can’t even find a niché there. Grimhorn will be useful for Dhrak-Zum and dwarf restrictions, but unlike Durin, he will have no songs sung about his heroic deeds.:skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

Yellow to skulls… good… we needed another one of those.

3 Likes

im ready for a mythic that converts 2 colors to skulls

4 Likes

Whoa, whoa whoa. These devs arent miracle workers.

2 Likes

I just noticed that Ghost King Grimhorn has his face represented as the Dhrak-Zum kingdom logo. His axes and troop art are well done, and he is another memorable piece of artwork from this game’s talented artists.:skull: