A New Mythic Approaches - Fenix

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/a-new-mythic-approaches-fenix/

New Mythic Troop: Fenix Fenix will be the only Mythic Troop available in Glory, Gem, Guild & VIP Chests for the next 7 days.

2 Likes

The Fox God is here! :star_struck:

If anyone is interested in the lore, I have some to share here. It was taken from a longer story, which is only available right now in my guild family!

…In the distant past, [Vulpacean], Maugrim Woods’ Wargares, and the Gnolls used to stay in one big community. When the agressive gnolls caused too much conflicted, [Vulpacean] ancestors convinced the Wargares to kicked them out of the tribe and exiled them to the remote plains.

Not long after, when the daemon attacked the wargares, [Vulpacean] ancestors tried to help as much as they could, but when things went bad, causing their tribe leader to be infected with Lycanthropy, they had to banished him to the void of the spirit world, turning him to be the Voidcaller. To prevent any more incident, they took one of the guardian entity, Fenix, and moved away from Maugrim Woods to settle where Vulpacea was now. The wargares were left in a vulnerable state with only the Forest Guardian to protect themselves from more daemon attacks.

With Fenix’s blessing, Vulpacea was protected by a mist that hide them from any future dangers that will seek to destroy their home. The Fox God could also summon the spirit of Vulpphire Hunters to guide them in their new home, but [Vulpacean] were not sure if the spirits was on their side anymore.

4 Likes

I like how the preview’s 3rd trait doesn’t match what we have in game

6 Likes

Even the wrong name. :see_no_evil:

I’m pretty sure it’s a mix up, and that was actually from faction Legendary, so unexpected spoiler! :astonished:

Oh it gets better.

Fenix’s Blessing:

Bless and Enchant a random Ally when I match 4 or more Gems.

… when every other troop uses on 4 or 5 Gem matches. (Doomclaw is a mess: a random ally on 4 or 5 matches, the a in Ally isn’t capitalized and Gem is left out) or the other when matching 4 or more Gems.

Nitpicky? maybe. Consistency issues aren’t easy (I never noticed Doomclaw’s difference until now), but this Fenix one is just lazy.

I’d let it go if it was once in awhile, but … no. Chiron’s Gain Enchantment is equally as stupid.

3 Likes

Oh it gets even better.

The AI taking a 4/5 match triggers the 3rd trait for your team if you have Fenix on your team.

Which would mean the 3rd trait can be a new style of 3rd trait where any team can trigger it…

except it says when I match 4 or more Gems which I’m clearly not so it’s a bug instead.

4 Likes

This troop is great and they should leave the trait as is, it’s a good counter to elementalist

8 Likes

I like this troop a lot! Makes a real good wingman. :sweat_smile::+1:t4: :sunglasses:

1 Like

As the Fenix rose from the ashes of my sadness, this game reminded me of just how much of a blessing (and how enchanting of an experience) a mythic drop can truly be… said the player with no keys remaining. :unamused:

And, vulpines are also wargares?

A fox is just a wolf that sends flowers,” according to Amira’s quotation flair.

Arctic Fox is classified as a beast. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Nice lore you got there. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes. In general rule, beast is the bigger category, if they have human characteristics/intelligent, they can be Wargare, Raksha, Urska, Wildfolk, etc. as well.

So Wargare is just a human-like canine. Sir Wulfric is one, but Dire Wolf is just beast. Gnolls is one, but Hyena is also just beast. Most of Vulpacea troops are Wargare, except a few like Red Fox, who is just beast only.

In even simpler way to know, is to see if they were fully clothed or not. :rofl: Red Fox only have a scarf, so it doesn’t count. Lol.

2 Likes

Сейчас попался в ПВП в противниках. Уточните- неверный перевод или ошибка в действии третьего умения? Оно срабатывает, когда противник собирает 4 или 5 камней, а написано- что бонус от твоего сбора. Прошу уточнить