A New Mythic Approaches - Draakulis

Exactly. Both of them were dead actually before either of them filled up.

Honestly I don’t find any of the Mythics that great, other than the ones with continuously draining traits. They take too long to fill so all I have to do is target them.

1 Like

Were they fully traited, out of curiosity? And what were the two teams?

That is exceedingly goofy. I mean, the very fact that we’re having a discussion about whether a kingdom’s Mythic is on the same power level as that exact same kingdom’s Legendary and it’s not immediately clear isn’t a good sign. :worried:

2 Likes

Don’t remember if they were fully-traited or not. It was one deck with TWO Draak’s by the way. Third slot was Hero (don’t remember the weapon) and last slot was Green Seer.

But they are not, Crimson is stronger.

Mine says 12 to all troops.

1 Like

Oh forgot to include the magic he gets which is 3 to level 20. Still a random split true damage with ratio of 4:1 wouldn’t be a strong buff.
And I’m talking about buffing a troop I down even have xD

We all know you want him. Youre frothing at the mouth for a mythic

1 Like

OK, just faced this deck:

Draak ^2
Draak ^2
Green Seer ^3
Mercy ^3

Mercy filled Green Seer first turn but didn’t get an extra turn. I am running a looping team with The Devoted and Paladin. AI got first Draak up to 22 of 24 mana before I nuked him with armor-buffed Paladin. Immediately filled Paladin again and on next turn took out Draak II.

All cleanup from there.

1 Like

Maybe if his ability also gave him Barrier? It’d certainly improve his head-to-head performance.

I also feel like his trait and his ability have too much tension between them - if you’re trying to fill up the huge cost of his ability, then you’re not matching skulls, or contrariwise, if you’re matching skulls to proc his trait then you’re never going to be able to cast his ability (and the very high Mana cost exacerbates this enormously). If the third trait was “Gain 1 Magic and 5 Mana when I deal skull damage” (or hell, “on skull gem matches” :wink:) , then skulls would still give him life (indirectly, by buffing his future life steals), as well as hastening his next cast - the trait and the ability would flow back and forth to each other much more nicely.

1 Like

My interest in him is purely for collection, no plans to ever actually use him. Not in this state at least.

Crimson Bat seems clearly superior in my mind.

The average mid-to-end-gamer has all Kingdoms at max level and no 5-star Kingdoms, so +4 Magic. With that in mind:

• Crimson Bat deals 44 total true damage and gains 16 life for 15 mana.
  • Draakulis deals 32 damage and gains 32 life for 24 mana.

Clearly Bat is a much better offensive troop since it both fills faster and does more damage. Draakulis is a little tankier between his 2nd & 3rd trait, his spell, and his stats, but b/c he takes so long to fill it really isn’t helpful on defense where it matters most.

The other really important thing to consider is average Life totals relative to the damage they each do. It’s quite likely you only need to fill Bat 4 times to clear the enemies whereas Draakulis needs to be filled 5-6 times since total Life floats around 40. 4x15 vs 5x24… That’s terrible.

And none of this even takes into consideration the mana drain meta where having a high casting cost is a liability.

3 Likes

I think the bigger problem at this point is that buffing him could be a big problem.

The economy is what it is, but I’m seeing him a TON in PVP already. So many people should have a Mythic day 1. The fact that people had thousands of gems in the bank just waiting for this is a problem.

Efficiency comparisons to Bat not withstanding (I agree of course) …

On inspection I think Draak’s third trait needs a buff or two. Comparing to the closest match, Maw… Hunger currently gives +2 to all stats on a skull match. Even ignoring Magic since that doesn’t actually help Maw, that’s still a total of 6 - scaling to 8 since Attack has double face value. And of course, Draak is supposed to be stronger since hes a Mythic, not a Legendary.

And then his first two traits are subpar, obviously. Single immunity trait and the weakest skull damage reduction.

Aaaaaaaand I’m quite frustrated to see something with Magic scaling 1 to 3 over levels 1 to 20. Considering that we get 9 more Magic from other sources in late-game. Essentially this is weaker than release max-lvl10 Crimson Bat (waaay back when…) - we just have those other sources. Not that old Crimson Bat was any kind of fair, but it’d be better right now unleveled than this.

2 Likes

It looks even worse when you scale it:

• At four targets, Crimson Bat deals 2.93 damage per mana, and gains 1.067 life per mana.
  • At four targets, Draak deals 1.33 damage per mana, and gains 1.33 life per mana.
  • At two targets, Crimson Bat deals 1.47 damage per mana, and gains 1.067 life per mana.
  • At two targets, Draak deals 0.67 damage per mana, and gains 0.67 life per mana.

So the Bat is slightly less heal-y against a full team, while being enormously more damage efficient. Against a partial team (if both sides have gotten whittled down a bit), the Bat takes over in both damage efficiency and heal efficiency - and by a lot. Not to mention that the moment you start talking about the enemy being whittled down, the Bat’s third trait provides massively more benefit per skull match (I mean, you’re essentially talking about “skull match kills the enemy” versus “skull match heals a little”).

The more I think about this, the more sad I become.

2 Likes

With all kingdoms at 5 bat will do 64 true damage not 44. He deals 16 damage per troop.

Duh. Thanks for pointing that out!

I agree with most of the post, but I don’t recall the devs saying that Mythics were supposed to be categorically stronger than Legendaries. Their spells should be more impactful due to the high cost and three-color block, but I’d hope they aren’t balanced to outpace Legendaries, or we’ll only see 5 troops in endgame instead of 15.

3 Likes

3rd trait: change gain to steal life. solved!

2 Likes

Youre pretty high level and playing against similar? I dont see it as a problem considering people could be saving up for a whole month. The average player does not have access to anywhere near enough resources for these mythics as it is

What do they have to look forward to if they can pull every new troop, no matter how rare, the day it arrives?

No wonder the end-game players are so jaded.

1 Like