A love, hate relationship

I see you have korvash, i’d definitely level and trait him. I used him and the bat together for quite some time effectively before i got the meta troops. I still use him for dungeon battles. Maybe throw in mist stalker and either another monster or sea troll to produce blues and stun on mo4s. I still like shadow hunter too, it’s good for one shot kills. I hope that helps even a little, i know how frustrating it is in pvp when you’re missing a ton of leg’s, hell i still don’t have sheggra or kos at 1048 and counting! I still wanna snap my controller sometimes.

The AI is gone mental, IMHO. Dragonian Monk used to be a royal pain in the behind.

Soon you’ll see some of those dragons go out of fashion anyway, I haven’t seen Venoxia in ages. But you have to progress in PVP for that!

You don’t have to try and kill one. This way the other three keep hitting and if one of them is Krystenax they will be four again very soon. Also they are likely bigger than you.

There are some powerful troops you lack. Try and invest in Event Keys when the right Kingdom come around: I’d say Mab, Kraken, Silver Fox and Psion would do you good. Gorgotha too. But in the meantime…

You need to slow down the other team and weaken it. They will go down more or less together…

You can silence them with Baba Yaga and Merlantis; Baba also summons another troop. Crimson Bat takes away life from the whole team. That’s Ghulvania special trick, try Bat Swarm too. Emperor Khorvash is really powerful with mana and life taking. Alina takes double life from blue troops and Krystenax will not like it. Mercy takes away purple, giving trouble to a lot of dragons. Many low level troop freeze, stopping traits and saving you from loops. Cockatrice steals Mana; so do Wraith that’s an all-around nasty little troop.
Lady Anariel will give you life and loop for you like you won’t believe, feeding purple and green troops. Try her with Owlet.
Goblins hit hard and hit twice. When all else fail try looping them: Alchemist-Hellcat-Rocket Goblin-Nobend Brothers (Nobend is a dangerous troop in any situation). Once the loop start, if you choose your colors wisely, it’s a matter of time.

I’m new, and I got scared from making new teams because the implication is “If I level/trait more troops I face even harder PvP”. I’m not sure how true that is, but no one seems to really know how PvP is sorted so I’m still a little frozen.

You will anyway because you need trophies and seals for your guild and glory for yourself; I strongly advice against Arena, as it is now.
Once in PVP you have three choices, at diferent levels. You can still get trophies, souls, glory and gold from teams “weaker” than you. If a battle is going badly you retire, it’s no big thing and saves you time (unlike in Arena where you must win).

You can field a weak team but you start with a given point number. This number is a combination of your level - that will goes up with your XP - your masteries and some other mysterious things I don’t want to know because math scares me.

The AI doesn’t give a fig if you field four peasant untreated. As long as you rise in level you will face higher teams. Not necessarily stronger or better ones: I just met a Tau x 4 team. It was set up out of kindness, but still it was a 9.774 points pointless team.

Some suggestions I have given already. TDS is my darling and a treasure for fighting in PVP and farming a lot of souls so get it and put it to work ASAP! As an enemy troop he’s beefy but vulnerable to every status minus Mana Burn. It can be silenced, freezed, burned, entangled, webbed, deathmarked, devoured and poisoned to your heart’s content.
I don’t give you an anti-TDS recipe, even if I’m sure someone will rattle out teams by the dozen. But Every TSD team is different and your gaming style is not mine. I suggested the Goblin Loop because it’s anti-everything if only it manages to start and also helps to develop board control, which is perhaps the most important thing in battle. Also it takes away that paralyzing fear of PVP that I quite remember too.

Glory can allow you to buy troops and with weekly troops come traitstones, too. In the meantime, enhance as soon as possible useful traits. Stealty, for exemple, is a very valuable one. Empowered, too.

1 Like

I’ll fiddle around with some of those troops, thanks!

Sad story about Spirit Fox: I had an arena team with it this morning and forgot you get an offer to buy the team with gems at the end. I didn’t have enough gems. If I remember, I’d have waited to finish arena until I had enough!

Agreed! I’m very bored of playing that team, even though I figured out how to beat it. In the interest of making Troll-Kraken teams less popular, I will tell you my “secret”:

Keghammer

Doesn’t seem like that great a card. But Keghammer has a unique trait that makes him the Meta killer: he is the only “Giant Slayer” in the game.

Trolls are classed as giants. Hmm.

Whenever I’m facing a Troll team in PVP, in comes Keghammer. I usually put him in spot 4 since if he’s fully-traited he starts the game with full mana, and I’m probably only gonna use his spell once.

Turn 1: Keghammer blasts the opponent’s Troll. For me Keghammer’s natural spell damage is about 30. Since he’s a “Troll (Giant) Slayer” he does TRIPLE damage.

That’s 84-96 point of damage in one go, sometimes enough to kill the Troll on the spot. More often the Troll is left with 15-20 life and can be finished off pretty easily if you’ve got a decent team and any luck at all. The Troll is the lynchpin of the Troll-Kraken-Kraken-Mab meta. Once he’s gone, so is the looping threat.

If that damaged Troll still worries you, put Keghammer in the front spot. He also has a trait doing double Skull damage to “giants” :smiling_imp:

Win % vs The Meta went from about 65 to 90 once I started subbing in my ringer. :yum:

2 Likes

Keghammer would not be enouth in endabe battles. And even with Troll gone Kraken and Mab have enough to kill you off, expecially if Kraken get lucky.
But I heard of teams I would never try and work wery well for others. Playing style matter!

To be honest, I think you’ve gotten quite lucky with your legendaries so far! I would suggest running something like khorvash, valkyrie, crimson bat and sylvanimora (if traited) with the lion banner, focus on charging valkyrie and then let the true damage barrage begin… Khorvash is particularly useful to stop TDS, since he can drain it and stun it (which should avoid its resurrection).

I’d also suggest investing your souls/traitstones in leveling up the kingdoms with bonus to magic to 5 stars (and your gold to get them to level 10, if you haven’t done so yet), those extra magic points really make a difference. Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you’ve completely missed the point, it’s about the game being not as fun as it used to be.
Not saying that GW should be the same as Dungeon, but it shouldn’t be so unfair it’s no longer fun.
I doubt anyone has ever been like “Fuck it, I’m done for the day” after a dungeon match.

Using 5 different teams regularly, is exactly what I complained out. We all use those same 5 teams.
There is over 400 troops and we all use the same few teams.

I’m also a level 1000+ player and also win 80%+ of my matches, those other 20% of matches are game ruiners. Losing a close battle is cool, I like a good challenge. I actually enjoy those close matches that come right down to the last few points. Getting destroyed by the AI after one move is not cool. This type of play does not win new players, us vets might endure it.

New players aren’t likely to stick around very long if the fun isn’t there. The game needs a steady stream of fresh players “cash players” to keep the dev’s paid. I want the game to survive, so I’m raising my voice.
I’m in a top 200 guild and we lost 4 members and have 5 more that have been inactive since the UI update.
Being a fanboy won’t save GoW. I know much of the complaining has died down, cause the people who were unhappy with the changes already left. Less complaints doesn’t mean everything is peachy, there’s just less players to complain.

You are a genius, worked perfectly!

1 Like