A little positivity

While I have my beefs… /glare lycanthropy… wtf arena… and I really don’t enjoy most world events…

I have to at least shout out that this is officially my longest time in a mobile game. As much as I hate the things I hate, I love the things I love. I’m still here GoW.

15 Likes

Same. As a long time player I’ve had some gripes with new features - lycan gems, less than awesome Mythic releases, the increase (it seems) in bugs that take a while to rectify, but this is the only game I’ve spent cold, hard cash on, the only game that I play daily as a matter of course and the only game that I don’t get bored of grinding on.

The fact that I am with an awesome guild family is also a massive bonus - I talk to people from all over the world and this would never have happened if I hadn’t downloaded GoW on a whim about 6 years ago.

5 Likes

Me too. This is the only game I play. This is the main reason why I am annoyed with the devs when lycan gems was first introduced. It is more manageable now though unlike before where you can’t even convert it.

2 Likes

@Tresk nice to have you here, I like your positive attitude man, wish there were more like us over these boards. +1 for positive petras pepz.

3 Likes

Good post, @Tresk . While I might say this without knowing actual numbers, but most of the players playing this game for a long time are working/retired adults and I think that is where most of the so-called “negativity” posts come from. We all want the best out of the game we love the most but most of us are not kids who might just be fine with subpar outputs.

Also, I love that the Lycanthropy gems are not going to fall from the sky a couple of days later. That is good enough for me.

3 Likes

Another positivity post - always good to see. I don’t think any one of us could say the game is totally perfect but we still play it because we enjoy it. I always appreciate your posts @Tresk - they are fair and balanced

3 Likes

Have you noticed how few of the negative nancys there is? I can count 7-10 with my hands. They just manage to make themselves look big with constant whining and complaining.

1 Like

I can honestly say that since I’ve focused on reading the positive threads (and ignoring the others) my enjoyment of the forums has increased ten-fold - you’re a massive part of that for me, @Eika

1 Like

Thank you! I try my best to keep the positive petras entertained so they easier manage to ignore the negative nancys when they decide to visit the boards. I personally is good at ignoring it, but not everyone is, so try to keep on the positive petras we have. You have contributed greatly as well so credit to you. Just don’t lose that flow or give yourself to the dark side lol

2 Likes

Never! You pulled me back from it at the perfect moment! That other thread has got a great number of views and finally mostly positive comments and likes - we did well!

1 Like

Dear my ex, Who back then wasn’t much of a gamer but downloaded Gem’s of War (Oh you should try this free game out it’s a nice little match-3 she said, yeah already tried it couldn’t really get on with it I say… she say’s oh c’mon give it another go… back on the Xbox One day’s however long ago I had started the grind… from matching gem’s to convoluting how certain team’s would work, to googling which team’s was best for such and such, to finding out certain YouTuber’s that played and built guides etc. (TacetTheTerror, KeyLime, RowdyRoddyDiaper) To then just having fun consistently. I then started on PC and Mobile knowing that can sync them and using Mobile well I simply used mainly for tribute collecting hehe then once again the grind overtook me to try get which took me awhile to find the illustrial Key Team! (RIP Skeleton Key) We then soon had a PS4 each she gave up long ago, me I still played then first game I downloaded? GoW… Even after I spent £xxxx on it on the X1 I started once again on PS4 spent straight on away on the armour and extra pack’s that became a thing PTG etc etc and then it just became a thing for me to play on nearly every platform until I thought yeah i’ll just focus on the main one which after playing on Switch aswell I then made my way to the PC an stayed to it leaving every other console behind in dust (Purely because I was already so far ahead on PC) an then upto this very day trying to save up all my gem’s constantly wondering how the hell anyone can keep more than atleast 1,000 a week is beyond me but anyway still enjoying and mostly hating majority of the PvP team’s which is just a chore and boring so GW and PvP are still my main enemies ingame no fun at all as same team day in day out rage inducing… Lycanthropy only mainly an issue with factioning/delving otherwise not imparticularly bothered about… otherwise the game since I first started 20xx has still been to this day a blessing to play…

I’m sure this wasn’t meant to be a discussion about how we all known an enjoyed Gems of War throughout the day and my bad lmao

2 Likes

@Eika Thanks! I’m not even close to always positive, haha. But I guess I do try to make an effort to be balanced.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Sherby74 ! Fairness and balance are both really important to me. I think criticism is healthy and important. But it’s also important to cheer the good things. There is a whole lot of real estate between absolutely perfect and absolutely terrible! If we only give negative feedback, or even if we only give positive feedback, I don’t think that helps the developers improve the game.

2 Likes

Working late on a Friday night to make sure I get all the bug reports and feedback into the report before the weekend, this thread is a nice addition to my Friday night so thank you :slight_smile:

We know not everything that gets added or changed in the game is always received well but we do our best for the long term health of the game and to keep things interesting how we can.

You’re right @Tresk, negative comments are helpful, but it’s also good to know what is liked as well.
Overall contructive criticism of any kind is the most helpful (eg “here’s what I like/dislike and here is the reason why…”)

The hardest ones to read are insults, swearing, threats annnd also in another category - large unexpected bug reports (ouch those ones hurt, like how did this get past us?! We let people down :frowning: )

Overall, even when things are sometimes contentious or go wrong, we all love this game and that’s what makes the community great. You know the saying “I love you but I don’t have to like you right now” - I think that sums up most negative feedback :stuck_out_tongue:

We know most frustration towards the game come from people who are very passionate about the game and we never forget that. If they didn’t care, they would leave without a word.

12 Likes

More interaction with the community would probably go a long way here. Explain a bit what is getting changed and what the intended outcome is, well before it happens. Listen to the resulting feedback and show you are listening by responding to concerns. You don’t have to agree, you don’t even have to be formal. This is more about synchronizing expectations, and possibly correcting misconceptions (on both sides) before they turn into issues. An example of where this was done well is the rollback of the Sunspear changes, an example where it all went horribly wrong is the Gnome-a-Palooza rollout.

There’s a bit more to this, it doesn’t really belong here though. If you are feeling curious and willing to brave the possibility of insults, swearing and threats, shoot me a mail.

5 Likes

You took the words right out of my mouth. There’s way more positive to the game then dislikes. As some who’s played the game for well over 4 yr It great to see how the game has evolved. . With as many events as GOW has it’s bound to have one or two that some won’t like.

5 Likes

Yeah, you are all set. A valuable Positive Petras member.

1 Like