A Letter of Appreciation

Dear developers,

I am writing to thank you for your tremendous efforts of ruining the game within a short period of time. Something that was good at start became dreadfully malformed with each new version. As a formerly loyal player I was very fond of progressing my kingdoms, delving the underworld, and improving my hero stats. That was in the past, almost a year an a half back. But everything has changed since then.

1. Making arena one of the major activities and pushing to play it instead of reworking its paradigm to invoke more interest in it - good decision indeed.

2. Creating dozens of doomed weapons and no change to upgrade in a timely fashion - way to go!

3. Artificially ā€œprolongingā€ dull and boring tasks of the campaign making players wait or spend diamonds to skip.

4. Overloading the gameplay with intersections of 3+ events in a single week - GW, World Event, Delve or whatnot - this game is not that good to spend the most of time in it.

5. Almost insane demands for something that is worthless - like grinding 1000+ battles to get NOTHING instead of Epic Vault Keys

6. Making players pay more money just for the sake of paying more money - I know the drill, iā€™m VIP 16 closer to 17

And with that outstanding efforts of yours the only thing I can tell is thank you for making me feel sorry for the money and time invested.

Yours truly,
Alex

P.S. Totally forgot: 7. Making your technical support a piece of worthless crap should also be appreciated.

23 Likes

This is the result. I canā€™t wait to see it hit $10, its trending that way, losses daily.

Edit: This is the company who publishes for IP2, there is more involved than just this game.

1 Like

i really hate to bump this gross disrespectful thread and i apologize to the rest of the community.
but i just cant stand it when numbers are blatantly misinterpreted.

(nothing to do with the game or IP2)
it appears to me that this stock has gained ~16% in the time frame shown. seems pretty damn good to me. its no insane tech company burst but i bet your $$ isnt making 16% in your bank account. There are so many factors outside of GoW, you would need a much more detailed breakdown to make any sort of correlation here.

5 Likes

If you hate to bump - just simply donā€™t. Nobody loses. Create your own respectful thread and post there :grin:

P.S. Apologize for yourself, man. If you have different opinion on this game and itā€™s devz it would not necessarily be the correct one.

6 Likes

The stock did, during the covid pandemic. It hit its peak and is dropping steadily.

It went up because people couldnā€™t go out. The entire gaming industry has seen an increase for it. That is the only reason it ever went above its norm over the last 5 years. Roughly worth $14-15 on avg.

Since June it has lost roughly $7. I owned shares in Digital bros I bought it at $14 and sold it at $20 about a month ago. Made a decent profit. I actually got the money I spent on this game back plus interest.

I know you think you made a really profound rebuttal, but the numbers speak for themselves.

Awesome, will you quit the game so I can send my own letter of appreciation to you for doing so?

Letā€™s address your complaints 1 at at time to see whatā€™s real and what might just be your personal issues with something.

1. Making arena one of the major activities and pushing to play it instead of reworking its paradigm to invoke more interest in it - good decision indeed.

Itā€™s not a major activity in the game. The devs arenā€™t pushing it and neither is any network or community. This is a flat out lie. Yes it was reworked to gain more interest in it and it failed for most people. But the arena events are optional and if you miss them, you arenā€™t being hurt. If you do enjoy the rework, you get some better rewards for playing that mode. Just because itā€™s in a campaign task does not make it a massive push. Itā€™s at max 5-8 min of your time. If thatā€™s really too much, then skip it.

**2. Creating dozens of doomed weapons and no change to upgrade in a timely fashion - way to go!

A valid argument and complaint. Hopefully this gets addressed at some point since itā€™s ridiculous for beginner to mid-level players who donā€™t have most of the doom weapons and no means to upgrade them for years. Not game breaking, but highly frustrating.

1. Artificially ā€œprolongingā€ dull and boring tasks of the campaign making players wait or spend diamonds to skip.

I assume you mean to the two day tasks like dungeons and AB, Treasure Hunt, and arena. The campaign is optional content. If you choose to play it, the average player completes it within two days very quickly. The forced waiting time tasks are really annoying Iā€™ll admit, but itā€™s a day. Another cheap skip if you want to go that route but if you are going to play the next day anyway what does it matter? Even if you needed those skill points for GW, you would also get them by Tuesday, again no real issue except for a players impatience.

The gameplay tasks(Kill X troops, Use class Y) are easily completed by just playing the world events or some quick explore. A little out of the way but not bad for some free skill points.

1. Overloading the gameplay with intersections of 3+ events in a single week - GW, World Event, Delve or whatnot - this game is not that good to spend the most of time in it.

This is highly subjective and if itā€™s not that good than why are you playing to begin with? The world event is very easily to complete for almost any player and high level guilds are done by Wed-Friday.

Delve events are optional and pure faction delves on weekends are even more optional. If you choose to do them that way, thatā€™s your own choice.

GW is 5 battles, itā€™s not that hard to complete. If you hate GW you can play quickly, if you love GW, you donā€™t have a complaint then.

Invasion/Bounty/Raid. High level guilds can easily complete them by Sunday and bounty is optional. They only require weapon tier and the battles are even easier than world event.

Summary on this one. Having any one of the 3 events above is not overwhelming. If you are in a high level guild you should already be playing at that pace to complete all of these events for the high rewards. If you arenā€™t then why are you worrying about it? There are guilds for every play level, if playing at a high level is too much, move down. Iā€™m sure someone could use the major orbs those events give and wouldnā€™t mind playing for them. I know my 30 players donā€™t mind.

1. Almost insane demands for something that is worthless - like grinding 1000+ battles to get NOTHING instead of Epic Vault Keys

This is 100% a personal gameplay choice. YOU choose to play 1000 plus battles. The game didnā€™t make you do that. I almost never play hard on Vault event and in almost 2 years of gameplay I have zuul and 1.5 power orbs away from Enraged Kurandara as a VIP 0. So tell me why Vault Keys are a requirement again? This is solely a player choice, not one the game requires you do make.

1. Making players pay more money just for the sake of paying more money - I know the drill, iā€™m VIP 16 closer to 17*

Nobody has made me or my brother spend a dime. We have almost all troops, compete well in higher bracket GW, complete any guild event nice and easy, have gems to spare, and donā€™t have to spend hours grinding away. Your VIP was your choice, not one the game made you make. The ā€œIā€™m a paying customerā€ argument has no meaning with microtransactions in the gatcha genre. Ok Cool, your VIP, you just got to a point in the game Iā€™ll also get to, but a little faster. Congrats. But no one made you do that but you.

3 Likes

hmm, looking at the 5 year trend, compared to italyā€™s whole stock market performance, the company is looking good.

by the way, why are we discussing digital bros?

They are the (edit: they are the parent company of the publisher) Publisher for IP2, they are also the people who call the shots for this game. That is why I mentioned them.

Why would the entire stock market matter? I am not familiar with any large companies from Europe so I have to use US Companies like Amazon, Alphabet, Tesla, and Apple amongst others. They carry the tech industry, they control the market itself. A corner tech store by comparison like Best Buy has very little to do with the ebb and flow. Never mind comparing that single company to the entire Dow or Nasdaqā€¦

Lets say there was a large sell off of Apple stock, it would literally derail the tech stock market. It would trickle down to other companies, all the smaller companies would start to lose value and people would start selling that stock.

Digital Bros has never really been a great stock, admittedly, and for the most part their spikes are for new game releases, etc. and recently due to covid. If they went under tomorrow, you would see zero impact.

That is why the entire market is not important here.

Also @ButtStallion You sure do live of to your moniker. Although Donkey might be more suited. You are like an IP2 groupie.

I donā€™t run a guild. I made the comment because all you do is break out the tired ā€œjust quitā€ nonsense.

Some of us have invested a lot of money in this game and we hardly need anyone who hasnā€™t to tell us how we should voice our opinion.

6 Likes

I think his name says it all. What sort of person would even consider that as a reputable callsign?
EDIT
This got flagged (probably as an indirect call out). But hey, I find the GT as inappropriate as many of the antagonistic comments the person makes. I mean cmon, why not just call yourself ā€˜arse banditā€™?

4 Likes

Letā€™s start from the beginning:

Simple math (you can count, do ya?) Arena appears three times this week: on Monday, in a campaign task and this Friday-Sunday. Hmmmā€¦ Youā€™ll do the outline. Four days of meaningless piece of crap that failed from start.

Thank you for pointing that out. Without your validation it wonā€™t lastā€¦

Nobody told Iā€™m playing it now. I do Guild Tasks and events and thatā€™s it. Previously I went the whole circle when it was not 3-4 events a week.

The achievement of winning the epic vault battle tells differently. And if you check threads about screwed-up EVK drop rate hope youā€™ll understand.

Yup, that was my choice before they screw the game up.

As for:

And thatā€™s an abuse, independently of whom it was addressed to.

Youā€™ve opened my eyes! Iā€™m blessed with the wisdom now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Awesome letter ; well written.

1 Like

I totally agree with you.

Iā€™m one ring of wonder from VIP 15, spent over $1000 since Covid. Regret doing so.

On the verge of semi retiring and moving back to Destiny2.

2 Likes

And Iā€™m quite amazed by those who are telling ā€œI didnā€™t spend a dimeā€¦ā€ and stuff like this. they do not realize that they are nothing to the company that produces this ā€œgameā€. However, minding the attitude and constant banning for the truthful rage the VIP people try to put here I understand that VIP people are also the same nothing to them, which is pure BS.

By the way, I can provide several links to the ā€œFā€ word that were said by brownnosers in this forum that were newer punished. So, @Saltypatra be civil and do what needs to be done.

P.S. If you remove this post that will only prove that you are using subjective perception in your moderations and that means moderator is not a position to you. It is not an offence, it is also a subjective perception, so deal with it, be civil.

2 Likes

Instead of providing links, please flag the posts if you see them, this will help us action them faster. Thereā€™s no need to wait to speak to a mod directly when you can put a flag on a post. Flagging posts also helps them be hidden until a moderator can check it and action the report appropriately.

5 Likes