A legit question about a GW match, along with a little constructive criticism

I agree on all points. Like I said, since entering tier one this week these teams no longer work.

1 Like

1 thing. You did have Moloch which is useful here. But as mentioned, you needed more speed to get things going and maybe a second Moloch as @Santandrix mentioned would have helped with the control more.

Watching this just reminds me that:

• I am grateful I mostly play on mobile rather than consoles
  • there’s still some way to go to tune the RNG, cascades, and gem spammers, to get to a game that is more fun and less coin toss

…though I do agree with the points on your team comp @Pantenkind… you may easily have lost against that Justice spam crap with any team, but you were asking for trouble going in with that team…

6 Likes

Ok here are my observations…

1. The purple match you took directly before the hell loop was probably a mistake… I would have matched the yellows that ended up spelling your doom… Might not have made a difference but that was the first move i saw that i would have done differently.

2. I won’t comment on your team as it has been covered and i have nothing different to offer.

3. @Clark i’m sorry but i have to take issue of your use of the word “troll” to describe the initial comments after the op… I saw nobody trolling and i feel it is an unfair and unfounded accusation.

4. @Pantenkind i feel your pain brudda as i have been doing bracket 2 GW battles on ps4 all week and i am only level 115… That being said i feel i have done well all things considered and MOST of my GW losses this week have come at the hands of orcs lol

2 Likes

Nice to see that the AI has no loop breaking thingy in place to impede her.

This week has been Skull Cascade Week for everyone, too.

Now, or we had skulls cascading on our head by the dozens since forever and we weren’t aware, or someone is fiddling with RNG without warning. Again.

Well, one would hope there is a way but I don’t see it. The game is too based on RNG to not have out of nowhere losses. Cascades out of the skies, random summon and devour chances, gem spawners and gem explosions make this game an RNG fiesta and I doubt it is going to change.

And Justice Mab teams will keep being annoying because even if you have prepared and stayed in control one cascade out of nowhere can spell your doom.

I agree with you on point #1. I felt it might have served better to select something else. Though, in the end who knows if that really would have helped. So your point hit a lot on what I was thinking as well.

P.S. I’ve also played the gamble of 2 gems to the left 1 to the right, selecting a match to further drop it down in the middle. and hope it matches into a 4. Sometimes risks pay off, sometimes not, and sometimes for the other side. I like risks.

Not if you froze Justice.

Sure, if you killed Justice it’s not a problem either but neither one is always feasible.

I’m sorry buy luck does not favour the AI in this game. There’s no slanted algorithms that favour the computer over the player. Just look at your win/loss to see this in practice. If the AI had unfair advantages we’d see lots more losses than we do, yet most people can stick under 10% losses.

EDIT: Weird, I replied to the reply on this post but it doesn’t show that. Not directed at Drathas, I hope that’s obvious.

1 Like

I think you are reading too many other negative posts into this one. I don’t know what platform / Bracket you play on but @Pantenkind just moved up to Bracket 1 on console. He was asking for advice to help him win and improve because his old teams don’t work, That’s all.

Justice is off the charts dangerous on console in Bracket 1. Even with perfect careful play and ideal team composition you will loose a few battles easily against this team.

1 Like

I don’t think so. This is a perennial issue here, in that the premise for a lot of these posts is that the game is somehow being unfair.

I didn’t comment on the team because as lots have pointed out there’s a few counters to this kind of team when you match against it.

1 Like